Donjoy TROM Advance Telescoping Post-Operative Knee Brace
Keeping the knee well supported immediately after a knee operation is crucial for recovery success. The Donjoy TROM Advance Telescoping Post-Operation Knee Brace is designed to immobilise the knee at an angle from -10° to 90°, according to the recommendation from a healthcare professional. The brace features tele-fit adjustment to accommodate most heights, and is made with cool, breathable materials for lasting comfort.
Which Size Do I Need?
The TROM Advance Post Operative Knee Support is available in two sizes depending on the circumference of your thigh. To find out which size you require, please measure the circumference of your thigh 15cm above the mid-patella (as shown) and consult the table below.
|One Size Fits Most
|Less than 66cm
|66 - 81cm
- If you do not have a flexible tape measure, use a piece of string to measure your knee and then measure the string with a ruler
- Before choosing your size, please take into consideration any joint swelling or atrophy that may have occurred
What Conditions Can the Donjoy TROM Knee Brace Help With?
Providing the ultimate in fit, comfort and adjustability, the TROM Advance Cool Knee Brace provides total range of motion control and locking capabilities for these conditions:
- ACL, LCL, MCL or PCL surgery
- High tibial osteotomies
- Meniscal repairs
- Patella realignment
- Regenerative chondroplasty
- Stable femoral fractures
- Total knee replacements
Key Features and Benefits
- Premier telescoping knee support is highly adjustable and comfortable
- Provides you with broader range of motion options for improved control
- Allows independent strap movement of the proximal and distal of the knee
- Designed with a quick-lock mechanism and quick-release buckles
- Streamlined hinge is 20% lighter and low profile than before
- Telescoping adjustability between 45cm and 59cm to accommodate most heights
- Allows you to lock the brace at an angle (from -10° to 90°)
- Quick-release buckles provide fast and easy application
- Designed with wide straps for additional comfort and support
- Cool and breathable for added comfort over long periods of time
How Does the Brace Improve Post-Surgery Recovery?
The Donjoy TROM Knee Brace is designed to keep the knee immobilised following surgery to keep it in the ideal position for replenishing collagen, which helps to repair the damaged area. Featuring a streamlined hinge with range-of-motion control, the brace allows you to lock the support at a specific angle ranging from -10° to 90° for accommodating most post-operative protocols.
With a tele-fit sliding mechanism, the Donjoy TROM Brace can be adjusted in length to adapt to your leg height so you remain at ease. Independent strap movement proximal and distal of the knee allows the adjustments needed for applying cold therapy wraps and dressings.
How Long Can This Brace Be Worn For?
As this is a post-op knee brace designed for extended periods of wear, regular checks should be done to identify any possible reactions to the patient's skin, joints or muscles as a result. If it is to be worn outside of a medical environment, the patient should be guided by a medical professional as to how to perform these checks at regular intervals.
Can I Play Sports With the Donjoy TROM Knee Brace?
No, the Donjoy TROM Knee Brace is designed as a post-operative support that immobilises the knee at different levels of flexion depending on the treatment program. The brace is not meant for any kind of major physical activity and should not be used as such.
Can This Brace Be Worn in the Shower?
Unfortunately this brace is not designed to get wet. If you are unable to take the brace off we recommend using a product such as the LimbO Full Leg Plaster Cast and Dressing Protector to keep it dry.
Learn More About This Brace
Find out more about the TROM Advance Knee Brace by watching this short guide below. The support is perfect for immobilising the area following an operation in the area.