Ottobock Patella Pro Subluxation Knee Brace
Improper patella tracking is one of the most common sources of knee pain, especially for those who love to keep active. If you're one of those people, the Ottobock Patella Pro Subluxation Knee Brace is designed to correct tracking and maintain consistent stability while you run, allowing you to stay active without pain.
Which Size Should I Choose?
The Ottobock Patella Pro Knee Brace is available in five sizes. To determine which of these sizes is right for you, please measure the circumference of your leg in the following two places:
- Thigh: 15cm above the centre of the kneecap
- Calf: 15cm below the centre of the kneecap
|Thigh Circumference (cm)
|Calf Circumference (cm)
|40 - 44cm
|32 - 35cm
|44 - 48cm
|35 - 38cm
|48 - 52cm
|38 - 41cm
|52 - 56cm
|42 - 44cm
|56 - 61cm
|44 - 48cm
Our Sizing Tips
- If your knee and thigh measurements do not match up, we recommend choosing the larger size for greater comfort
- If you do not own a flexible tape measure, use a piece of string to take your measurements, then measure the string with a ruler
- Please take into account any joint swelling before buying, as this could mean you need a larger size
Which Conditions Can This Support Help With?
With dynamic patella realignment features, the Ottobock Patella Pro is suited for the following conditions:
- Patella maltracking
- Patellofemoral pain syndrome
- Retropatellar arthrosis
- Chondromalacia patellae
- Patella luxation and subluxation
- Patella tendonitis
- Post knee joint surgery
Key Features and Benefits
- Slim, lightweight and breathable for maximum user comfort
- Slip-free fabric prevents migration, and can be worn underneath clothing
- Auto-adaptive patella support provides a tailored fit
- Realignment lock allows easy application of the brace in a few simple steps
- Adaptive splints mould to fit most leg shapes and sizes
The Patella Pro Realignment Formula
Designed by a team of experts, the Ottobock Patella Pro Knee Brace follows follows a formula that is clinically proven to correct tracking issues. The diagram below shows how the Patella Pro utilises an auto-adaptive hinge system to re-position high-risk knees and provide precise patella tracking. Optimised tracking is sustained over long periods, even at large flexion angles (diag. 3).
Clinically Proven Pain Relief
Ottobock ran a study to assess how effective the Patella Pro was at relieving pain over a year-long period. Those that wore the brace alongside physiotherapy experienced more relief than those who did not wear the brace alongside therapy. You can see the results for yourself below.