Thuasne Genu Ligaflex Hinged ROM Knee Support
Coming back from knee injury can be a long, gruelling endeavour, but using the right knee support will make the process smooth and painless. The Thuasne Genu Ligaflex Hinged ROM Knee Support provides medical-grade compression for soothing pain relief and steadfast protection. Supplied with stays that allow you to restrict the range of motion as required without using tools.
Please note that this knee support can be worn on either the left or right leg.
Sizing Guide for the Ligaflex ROM
It's easy to find out which size of the Thuasne Genu Ligaflex ROM Knee Brace will support you most; simply measure the circumference of your knee at the centre of the kneecap (as shown) with your knee slightly bent. Check the table below and use the drop down menu to choose your size at the top of the page.
Measure the circumference of your knee as shown
|Knee Circumference (cm)
|32 - 34cm
|35 - 37cm
|38 - 41cm
|42 - 45cm
|46 - 49cm
|50 - 53cm
Our Sizing Tips
- For measurements that fall between two sizes, we recommend choosing the larger size for greater levels of comfort
- The brace is meant to be compressive and will feel tight as a result; if you would prefer less tightness, please choose a larger size
- If you do not have a flexible tape measure, use a piece of string to take your measurements, then measure the string with a ruler
- If your joints tend to swell, please take this into account before choosing your size
Which Conditions Can the Support Help with?
Providing medical grade compression, the Ligaflex ROM Knee Support can help with the following conditions:
- Early stage osteoarthritis
- Meniscus injuries
- Mild to moderate ligament injuries
- Mild to moderate ligament instabilities
- Post-operative meniscal repairs
Easy to Apply in Under a Minute
Designed with an anterior opening, the Knee Support can be put in place quickly and easily. You can also adjust the Genu Ligaflex by simply altering the position of the Velcro tabs. The hinge requires no tools to apply, while the support's flexion and extension stops take seconds to attach to the brace.
How Do I Apply the Knee Brace?
The Thuasne Knee Brace has a straightforward application process, with each strap fastened in a certain order after initial fitting. These full step-by-step fitting process is as follows:
- Open the knee brace and lay it flat with the interior facing upwards
- Slide the brace underneath your leg, positioned so that the knee is at the centre
- Wrap the support around your knee and fasten using the Velcro, making sure the kneecap is uncovered
- Fasten the suspension strap directly behind and below the kneecap
- Next fasten the strap below the kneecap at the front
- Next fasten the strap directly above the kneecap
- Next fasten the lowermost strap
- Finally, fasten the uppermost strap
- Adjust each strap using the buckle system to the desired degree of tension
For a full breakdown on how to fit the Genu Ligaflex ROM Brace, watch the video below.
Replicates Natural Movement
The TM5+ hinge located at the centre of the knee brace is designed to accurately represent natural movement of the knee, meaning it's always held in a position that promotes stability and healing. Contoured aluminium uprights within the brace create an ideal fit for control and comfort.
Flexion and Extension Control Without Using Tools
Supplied with easy-use application stops that can be fitted into the central TM5+ hinge, you can control the range of motion without the use of tools. Controlling the range of motion limits the stress placed on the knee, giving it more chance to heal.
What Are Stop Kits?
The flexion and extension stop kits that are supplied with this purchase hold one pair of stops for each degree of extension or flexion. The extension stop kit includes a pair of 0°, 5°, 10°, 15°, 20°, 30°, 40° stops, while flexion stop kit includes a pair of 0°, 30°, 45°, 60°, 75° and 90° stops.
Above: Flexion stop kit, Below: Extension stop kit
As something that's worn all throughout the day, comfort is essential for a knee support. Knitted to fit anatomically, the Thausne Genu Ligaflex provides a comfortable fit, with medical grade compression delivered exactly where it's needed.
Key Features and Benefits
- TM5+ Hinge replicates natural movement of the knee
- Exclusive Synergistic Suspension Strap
- Patented integrated anti-slip silicon knitting
- Tool-less hinge with easy-to-apply flexion and extension stops
- Restricts your range of motion to prevent further damage
- Anterior opening for easy application
- Easy-to-use Velcro tabs
- Low profile tension buckles prevent discomfort
- Contoured aluminium uprights keep the knee stable
- Provides medical-grade compression and pain-relief
- Practitioner friendly
- Available in six different sizes