Thuasne Rebel Pro Aluminium Ligament Knee Brace
Ligament injuries can put you out of action for months, and can even continue to linger for a long time after that. Helping the recovery process go quicker and smoother, the Thuasne Rebel Pro Aluminium Ligament Knee Brace helps stabilises the knee and prevents it from slipping into painful positions. This pro model is built for contact sports and heavier users.
Which Size Should I Choose?
To find out which size of the Rebel Pro Brace will give you the best support, take the following three measurements and consult the table below:
- The circumference of your thigh 15cm above the mid-patella (knee joint).
- Your knee's width at the centre of the knee.
- The circumference of your calf 15cm below the mid-patella (knee joint).
Take each measurement as shown in the diagram
|Thigh Circ. (1)
|Knee Width (2)
|Calf Circ. (3)
|31.75 - 39.3cm
|7.6 - 8.9cm
|27.9 - 31.75cm
|39.3 - 47cm
|8.9 - 10.16cm
|31.1 - 34.9cm
|47 - 53.3cm
|10.16 - 11.43cm
|33.65 - 38.1cm
|53.3 - 59.7cm
|11.43 - 12.7cm
|36.1 - 40cm
|59.7 - 63.5cm
|12.7 - 14cm
|38.1 - 43.1cm
Our Sizing Tips
- If your measurements do not match up, we recommend choosing the size associated with your largest measurement
- The brace is meant to be compressive and will feel tight as a result; if you would prefer less tightness, please choose a larger size
- If you do not have a flexible tape measure, use a piece of string to take your measurements, then measure the string with a ruler
- If your joints tend to swell, please take this into account before choosing your size
What Conditions Can this Knee Brace Help With?
Designed to track the anatomical roll-and-glide motion of the knee and hold it an ideal position, the Rebel Knee Support helps with the following conditions:
- Anterior cruciate ligament instability
- Lateral collateral ligament injury
- Ligament injuries
- Low, medium and high contact or impact activities
- Medial collateral ligament injury
- Post-reconstructive knee surgery
- Posterior cruciate ligament instability
How Do I Fit the Thuasne Rebel Knee Brace?
To fit the Thusane Rebel Knee Brace, the straps must be fastened in a certain order after initial fitting.
- Sit on a chair with your knee bent at a slight angle
- Fasten the strap directly behind the knee
- Fasten the lowermost strap at the mid-calf
- Fasten the uppermost strap at the upper thigh
- Fasten the final strap directly above the knee
- Tighten each strap to the desired degree of tension
For a full demonstration on how to fit this knee brace, watch the video below.
Proven Three-Point Offloading System
Utilising a simple yet extremely effective three-point offloading system, the Rebel Pro Knee Brace takes the all the stresses off the injured or degenerated area of the knee. The combination of anti-migration and anti-rotation technologies provides reliable offloading to circumvent pain caused by injury or arthritis.
Backed-Up By Clinical Studies
Thuasne ran a controlled clinical trial to test the efficacy of their brace, comparing the pain score of a group who wore the brace (light blue) to a control group who did not (dark blue). Evidence shows that those who wore the brace experienced a sharp decline in pain score almost immediately after wearing the brace, and the decline in pain continued consistently after that.
See the results of this clinical study below.
Natural Articulation with TM5+ Technology
Using patented TM5+ hinge technology, the Rebel Ligament Knee Brace tracks the anatomical roll-and-glide motion of the knee to ensure optimal positioning. The Synergistic Suspension strap nestles into the flexion fold behind the knee, using the calf muscles as an anatomical shelf to stabilise the knee.
What is a Stop Kit?
The flexion and extension stop kits that are supplied with this purchase hold one pair of stops for each degree of extension or flexion. The extension stop kit includes a pair of 0°, 5°, 10°, 15°, 20°, 30°, 40° stops, while flexion stop kit includes a pair of 0°, 30°, 45°, 60°, 75° and 90° stops.
How Do I Fit the Stops?
Fitting the stops correctly can be a bit tricky; follow these steps to ensure it's done correctly.
- Twist off the desired stop form the nylon stop tree
- Remove the screw on the side of the hinge
- Once removed, take out the zero degree stop from the hinge
- Insert the replacement stop you wish to use, with the hook end at the top facing forwards
- Straighten the brace to full extension to push the stop into place
- Reinsert and tighten the screw
- Flex the brace several times to ensure the stop is locked properly in position
High-Quality, Stable Frame
Thuasne's Rebel Pro Knee Brace has been designed with a rigid aircraft aluminium frame. This ensures your knee remains stabilised and supported throughout use. Its tough materials also help protect the area from further trauma or damage for your peace of mind.
Perfect For Water Sports
The Thusane Rebel Pro can get wet in fresh or salt water without any damage, making it the ideal knee brace for watersports and other water-based activities. This popular brace has seen action at the highest level of watersport competitions: Olympic wakeboarder Emma Pickard is often seen sporting her own custom made Rebel Pro Knee Braces when she's out surfing waves.
Following use in water-based activities, drain thoroughly and rinse with clean, fresh water, then air dry the brace.
Features and Benefits of the Rebel Ligament Support
- Ideal for heavy users and contact sports
- Helps stabilise and support your knee
- Ensures you don't move your knee into painful positions
- Has a rigid aircraft aluminium frame
- Uses patented Townsend motion TM5+ hinges
- Extension and flexion stop kits
- Exclusive synergistic suspension strap for extra support
- Tibial shell contour allows rotation control
- Contouring design helps the brace immobilise your knee
- Stylish look with a "powdercoat" finish
- Available in five different sizes