Donjoy OA Reaction Web Left Medial/Right Lateral Knee Brace
Trying to maintain an active lifestyle becomes increasingly difficult as osteoarthritis pain worsens, but the right knee support can help get you back out there again. Utilising a very unique silicone web design, the Donjoy OA Reaction Web Left Medial/Right Lateral Knee Brace is an easy-to-wear, open-framed support that offers high-quality protection and fresh breathability, perfect for active use and in hot weather.
- 1 x Knee Brace
- 1 x Undergarment
Which Size Should I Choose?
The Left Medial/Right Lateral Knee Support is available in seven sizes. To find out which size you require, please measure the circumference of your thigh 15cm above the middle of your kneecap and consult the table below.
Measure around the thigh 15cm above the centre of the kneecap as shown
|33 - 39cm
|39 - 47cm
|47 - 53cm
|53 - 60cm
|60 - 67cm
|67 - 75cm
|75 - 82.5cm
- For measurements that fall between a size boundary, we recommend choosing the larger size for better comfort
- If you do not have a flexible tape measure, use a piece of string to measure your knee and then measure the string with a ruler
- Before choosing your size, please take into consideration any joint swelling or atrophy that may have occurred
Who Can Use the Donjoy OA Reaction Web Knee Brace?
The Donjoy OA Reaction Knee Brace is well suited to those who are in the early to mid stages of osteoarthritis. It is popular among elderly people who don't want a full brace, but would like extra support to help them return to a more active lifestyle. The applications for this brace include:
- Knee osteoarthritis
- Knee instability
- General knee pain
Key Features and Benefits
- Unique and effective way of treating osteoarthritis knee pain
- Utilises patented silicone web technology to improve your condition
- Open framework is easy to apply and encourages a non-slip fit
- Breathable construction for added comfort and to encourage compliance
- Undersleeve is included with your purchase for improved comfort
- Features a soft silicone condyle pad so you remain comfortable
- Patented silicone design absorbs shock and offloads pressure
- Lightweight and discreet solution to your needs
- Designed to provide a four-way stretch for comfort
- Provides a custom-like fit for most leg shapes
- Designed with padded cuff liners for protection and comfort
- Features a single aluminium upright for improved stability
- Intimate fit increases proprioception to help you regain your confidence
- Ideal for those wanting to stay active despite their diagnosis
- Carefully-positioned silicone membranes stabilise the patella
Which Brace Should I Buy?
This brace comes in two different versions depending on where your pain is. Please use the below guide:
- Inner Left Knee Pain: Choose this version (Medial Left/Lateral Right Brace)
- Outer Left Knee Pain: Choose the other version (Medial Right/Lateral Left Brace)
- Inner Right Knee Pain: Choose the other version (Medial Right/Lateral Left Brace)
- Outer Right Knee Pain: Choose this version (Medial Left/Lateral Right Brace)
What Is the Donjoy OA Reaction Web Medial Left/ Lateral Right Knee Brace For?
The Donjoy OA Reaction Web Brace is designed to treat the symptoms of mild to moderate osteoarthritis. This can include early-to-mid unicompartmental osteoarthritis of the knee and of the patella. This brace can helps you stay active, offering a more lightweight fit that some of our other Donjoy OA Braces.
How Does the Donjoy OA Reaction Knee Brace Work?
The Donjoy OA Reaction Web Brace uses patented silicone 'web' technology that extends and retracts as your leg moves. This helps absorb and release kinetic energy to reduce shock, anterior knee pain and stress on the knee.
Can I Adjust the Donjoy OA Reaction Web Knee Brace?
Designed with a single malleable aluminium upright that's built with 6° of valgus correction, the Left Medial/Right Lateral Support enables you to adjust how and where the support offloads pressure. This effectively reduces discomfort in the affected knee compartments. The shape of the anterior cut-out also helps re-align the patella in the femoral grove, which enhances patella stability and comfort.
How Do I Fit the Donjoy Reaction Web Brace?
To fit your brace, please follow the below instructions:
- Put the Knee Sleeve On:
- Put the knee sleeve on first with the grey area above your kneecap.
- Put the Brace On:
- Undo all the straps on your brace and place over your kneecap with the web mesh at the top where your patella is located.
- Bring through the calf and thigh straps around the back and through the hinges on the side.
- Do this gently to a level of tightness that suits you.
- Watch the Below Video for a Tutorial:
How Does Offloading Work?
Offloading means that the pressure is moved from one side of your knee to the other. As arthritis is caused when the thigh and shin bone run together, relieving the tension between these bones helps ease pressure and pain caused by osteoarthritis.
Can I Retain Activity with the Donjoy OA Web Reaction Brace?
Yes, the Donjoy OA Web Brace is designed to let you carry on being active despite your osteoarthritis. The Donjoy OA Reaction Web Brace is popular among golfers, walkers and those who enjoy hiking.
How Long Do I Have to Wear the OA Web Brace For?
Unfortunately, there is no cure for osteoarthritis. However, that doesn't mean that the pain won't go away after a few months of using the brace. We would recommend using this brace when you partake in any form of activity.
We do recommend that you build up the amount of time that you spend wearing the brace. OA braces are designed to realign your leg, so taking your time and getting accustomed to thee brace is a good idea.
How Comfortable Is the Donjoy Reaction Web Brace?
The Donjoy Reaction OA Web Brace features a unique, silicone web that is lightweight and discreet. It fits over the kneecap, bending in such a way that it doesn't cause your patella stress. This means that the brace is extremely comfortable during use.
Is This Support Suitable for Watersports?
This support can assist with the impacts and pain associated with water sports, but if it is used in salt water, it should be rinsed with clean water after each use. It should then be dried, as some components of the brace may wear over time if left waterlogged.