Ottobock Genu Direxa Stable Long Knee Brace
Defeat knee pain and instability with the Ottobock Genu Direxa Stable Long Knee Brace. This impressive brace combines flexible hinges, ROM limiters and compressive TriTech material to deliver superb all-round support for a large number of common injuries and conditions.
- 1 x Ottobock Genu Direxa Stable Long Knee Brace
- 1 x Set of User Instructions
- 4 x Hook-and-loop fastenings
Which Size Do I Need?
To find the correct size, you must measure the circumference both 15cm below the patella (kneecap) on the calf and above the patella on the thigh. Once measured, you can choose the correct size by using the measuring guide below.
|Lower Leg Circumference
|29 - 32cm
|36 - 40cm
|32 - 35cm
|40 - 44cm
|35 - 38cm
|44 - 48cm
|38 - 41cm
|48 - 52cm
|41 - 44cm
|52 - 56cm
|44 - 48cm
|56 - 61cm
|48 - 51cm
|61 - 67cm
Our Sizing Tips
- If your knee and thigh measurements don't match up, we recommend choosing the larger size for greater comfort
- If you do not own a flexible tape measure, use a piece of string to take your measurements, then measure the string with a ruler
- Please take into account any joint swelling before buying, as this could mean you need a larger size
What Conditions Can This Brace Help With?
The Ottobock Genu Knee Brace is designed to support patellar tracking and protect from hyperextension. It can improve sensorimotor function and reduce any pain felt in the knee joint, while movement and function is improved. It is suitable for use in the following situations:
- Knee pain
- Complex ligament laxity
- For limiting flexion and extension
- Protecting the knee joint after ligament surgery
- Chronic instability of the ACL and PCL
- Instability of the knee and knee joint
- Degenerative instability of the knee joint
- Treatment of collateral ligament injuries
- Genu recurvatum rehabilitation
- Knee joint stabilisation
- Severe instability due to patellofemoral pain syndrome
How Do You Fit the Ottobock Genu Knee Brace?
The Ottobock Genu Knee Brace must be fitted by a trained professional. A full copy of the instructions is supplied with your purchase, however you can follow online instructions below:
- Open all hook-and-loop closures on the brace
- Hold the brace on both sides with the donning loops, pull over the knee until the patella cutout is centred on the patella
- Fasten the wide hook-and-loop closure at the top
- Fasten the wide hook-and-loop closure at the bottom
- Fasten the lower front hook-and-loop closure
- Fasten the upper front hook-and-loop closure
How Does the Ottobock Direxa Knee Brace Work?
The Ottobock Direxa Knee Brace is designed to improve neuromuscular function through targeted compression. By using a series of hook-and-loop closures, the brace can compress specific areas of the knee while stabilising key areas to prevent excess movement and hyperextension. By preventing excess movement, you can give the knee time and space to heal, helping to improve proprioception and support sensorimotor function.
Is the Knee Brace Adjustable?
In order to suit all needs, the knee brace can be adjusted to enable or prevent flexion and extension. This is ideal for recovery from a range of different injuries, where hyperextension can become a problem. The different adjustable specifications are as follows:
- Flexion: 0°/10°/20°/30°/45°/60°/75°/90°
- Extension: 0°/10°/20°/30°/45°
Will the Knee Brace Move Around During Use?
As the Direxa Knee Brace is designed to fit closely, it means that the knee brace shouldn't move around too easily during use. The brace uses special grip tongues that grip to the knee and knee back, helping to keep the brace firmly in place. This is perfect for wearing all day while being active, as you won't need to worry about it moving around.
How Comfortable Is the Ottobock Genu Knee Brace?
The Ottobock Genu Brace is designed using breathable fibres to enable that you feel comfortable even when wearing the brace for a prolonged amount of time. A special air cooling system prevents your knee from sweating, helping to improve freshness and odour. Finally, a soft and pleasant interior is extremely comfortable during use, helping to reduce irritation felt on the knee.
How Much Movement Does the Brace Allow from the Knee?
The knee brace allows total movement if you require. It is designed to support and compress your knee, not restrict movement, as this is the key to recovering from knee injuries. If you required, you can set the brace to prevent hyperextension and flexion, again encouraging recovery from a range of different knee problems.
Can You Wear the Brace While Playing Sport?
Sportspeople are at particular risk from knee injuries, particularly rugby players and footballers whose knees are a high risk due to contact. The brace offers enough flexibility to be used during sport, with covered bars helping to protect other players from injury through impact with the brace during tackles. The adjustable design also prevents further injury to the knee, with its stable design supporting your knee through the game.
How Do You Clean the Genu Direxa Knee Brace?
Should you want to clean the Genu Direxa Knee Brace, you can. It is recommended that you only use approved cleaning agents, and that you follow the following instructions:
- Remove joint bars
- Wash the brace in warm water at 40°C with standard mild detergent
- Do not use fabric softener
- Wash thoroughly
- Air dry, but do not expose to heat sources including the sun
- Reinsert the joint bars once dry
What Is the Knee Brace's Contraindications?
There are a number of situations when the Genu Knee Brace is not recommended. These include:
- You suffer from skin diseases and injuries
- You suffer from inflammation
- You have swollen scars or reddening of the fitted body area
- You suffer from lymphatic flow disorders
- You suffer from circulatory issues in the legs