Vulkan Classic Hinged Knee Support
Thanks to a clever combination of stabilisers, shock absorption and compression, the Vulkan Classic Hinged Knee Support provides the highest level of support from the Vulkan range. A triple-layer fabric of neoprene, nylon and Aerotherm gives the brace a comfortable spongy texture that offers both protection and support.
- 1 x Hinged Knee Support
- 1 x Set of User Instructions
Please note that this knee support can be worn on either the left or right leg.
The Vulkan Hinged Knee Support is available in four sizes, from Small to Extra Large. To determine the correct size, measure the circumference of your knee from above the kneecap, while the leg is kept at full extension.
Measure above the kneecap with the knee fully extended
Once you have your measurements, consult the table below to find your fit. You can select the preferred size from the drop-down menu at the top of the page.
|Knee Circumference (cm)
|30 - 35cm
|35 - 40cm
|40 - 45cm
|45 - 50cm
Our Sizing Tips
- This brace is designed to give a tight, compressive fit; if you would prefer less tightness, please choose a larger size
- If you do not own a flexible tape measure, use a piece of string to take your measurement, then measure the string with a ruler
- Please take into account any joint swelling before buying, as this could mean you need a larger brace
Who Can Benefit from the Hinged Knee Support?
Providing quality support with a combination of stabilisers for shock absorption and compression, the Hinged Knee Support helps to relieve symptoms associated with strains, sprains, arthritis and repetitive stress injuries, while helping to prevent potential re-injury. The Vulkan Classic Hinged Knee Support is ideal for:
- Cartilage damage
- Damaged medial or lateral ligaments
- Rehabilitation following cruciate ligament injuries
Triple Layer Design
The Vulkan Hinged Knee Support is designed to provide the therapeutic properties of heat retention provided by neoprene, while promoting air flow. It consists of three layers that deliver maximum support and comfort:
- Protective Top Layer: Tough nylon fabric is Mauser stitched along key points to provide the strongest possible seam.
- Neoprene Core: Quality closed cell neoprene core insulates and retains body heat for natural heat therapy.
- Aerotherm Lining: Specially constructed lining allows air to circulate freely, helping to draw perspiration away from the skin.
How Comfortable is the Vulkan Classic Knee Support?
The triple-layer construction gives the Vulkan Classic a soft, spongy quality that is incredibly comfortable. Although it may seem quite thick at first, the special outer lining helps wick moisture away from the body to prevent overheating and stuffiness. And thanks to its tight, contoured fit, the brace delivers effective compression precisely where it needs to.
Maximum Support Level
The Vulkan Classic Hinged Knee Support provides the highest level support using a combination of stabilisers for shock absorption and compression to help relieve symptoms associated multiple conditions. Moreover, the open knee design and padded buttress provide optimal support around the patella, with adjustable tension straps for additional compression. Two removable hinges are also there as an optional upgrade when even more support is needed.
Therapeutic Heat Compression
With heat retentive neoprene at the core of the Vulkan Classic Knee Brace, warmth is retained within to enhance the compressive pain-relief. Although neoprene tends to cause overheating in typical braces, the special Aerotherm lining helps wick moisture away from the body to ensure coolness, even during activity.
Correct Fitting of the Hinged Knee Support
The intuitive design makes fitting the Vulkan Hinged Knee Support quick and easy. If you are experiencing any difficulties, please follow the steps outlined below.
- Position the brace so that the open patella is centred over the kneecap
- Fasten the strap below the kneecap to the desired fit
- Fasten the strap above the kneecap to the desired fit