BioSkin Gladiator Hinged Wraparound Knee Support
Featuring a comprehensive but easy-to-use strapping system, the BioSkin Gladiator Hinged Wraparound Knee Support optimises kneecap stability to encourage fast healing. Fitted with a lightweight 15-inch hinge with range of motion adjustment, the Gladiator provides strong but flexible support for a variety of knee conditions.
- 1 x Wraparound Knee Support
Please note that this knee support can be worn on either the left or right leg.
Available in six sizes, the BioSkin gladiator Wraparound Brace will fit people of most leg shapes. To determine which of the sizes you need, please measure the circumference of your leg in the two places indicated below.
- Around the centre of the patella (kneecap)
- Around the thigh 18cm above the mid-patella
Take your measurements with the leg fully extended
|(2) 18cm Above
|31 - 33cm
|41 - 46cm
|33 - 36cm
|46 - 51cm
|36 - 41cm
|51 - 56cm
|41 - 43cm
|56 - 64cm
|43 - 46cm
|64 - 71cm
|46 - 54cm
|71 - 81cm
Our Sizing Tips
- If the two measurements don't match up, we recommend choosing the larger size for more comfort during use
- BioSkin supports are designed to be compressive and will feel tight as a result; if you would prefer less tightness, please choose a larger size
- You can take your measurements without using a tape measure; simply use a string, then measure the string with a ruler
- Please take into account any joint swelling before buying, as this could mean you need a larger brace
Which Conditions Can This Support Help With?
Designed to protect the ligaments with medical-grade compression and 15-inch hinges, the BioSkin Gladiator can help with these common conditions:
- Early Osteoarthritis
- LCL Sprains
- MCL Sprains
- Mild Sprains & Instabilities
- Meniscal Cartilage Tears / Repairs
How Does the BioSkin Gladiator Wraparound Brace Work?
The BioSkin Gladiator features a comprehensive strapping system that locks the knee in to a stable position that encourages healing. Its wraparound design consists of two middle flaps, and one upper and lower flap, which encloses around the kneecap to ensure optimal stability. Four additional Velcro straps can then be tightened to deliver fast-working, medical-grade compression.
Key Features and Benefits
- Comprised of ultra-light materials for comfort and flexibility
- Rigid 15-inch hinges run medially and laterally to stabilise the knee
- Range of motion control to restrict flexion and extension
- Flexion restriction: 0°/15°/30°/45°/60°/90°
- Extension restriction: 0°/15°/30°/45°/60°/90°
- Dynamic four-way stretch moves with the body for unrestricted movement
- Breathable fibres make this brace far superior in terms of comfort
- Wraparound design is easy to fit and easy to adjust
- Stabilising straps allow adjustment of fit and compression
- Open patella improves tracking and breathability
Pain Relief and Swelling Control
By combining medical-grade compression with a firm silicone gel patella ring, the BioSkin Gladiator Knee Brace provides a high-level of pain relieve and swelling reduction. This is crucial for the early stages of recovery, where pain and swelling is often at its highest.
Despite its heavy-duty appearance, the BioSkin Gladiator stays true to the BioSkin promise of light, breathable knee support. Made from high-wicking, allergy-friendly materials, your skin will appreciate the supreme comfort provided by this fantastic knee brace.
Can I Play Sports While Wearing This Brace?
As mentioned above, the lightweight breathable qualities of the Gladiator make it ideal for sports and other physical activities. Small measures of elastic are infused into the material, giving you that little bit extra leeway when running, jumping or kicking. This flexible knee brace can be used for the following activities:
How Do I Set the Range of Motion?
The Range of Motion (ROM) can be adjusted to restrict the degree you can extend of flex your leg while wearing the brace. By doing this, you effectively limit the time your knee spends in "at risk" positions, which gives the knee the time and space it needs to heal. To adjust the ROM, follow these instructions:
- Pull the fabric away from the hinge and lift the cover
- Remove and apply the pins to the desired degree of flexion and extension
- Close the hinge cover and repeat this process for the opposite hinge
The BioSkin Gladiator couldn't be simpler to fit, just follow these steps:
- Sit on a floor or bed with the brace lying flat underneath your leg
- Fasten the two middle Velcro flaps around the kneecap
- Fasten the upper and lower Velcro flaps
- Feed each of the Velcro straps through the D-rings and tighten until snug
Watch the video below for a complete fitting tutorial.
Hand wash in cold water and then hang to dry.