BioSkin Q Brace Wraparound Patella Knee Support
Patella instability can cause the kneecap to slide out of place during movement, resulting in significant pain and a higher risk of injury. Thanks to an intuitive T-strap that cradles the patella, the Bioskin Q Brace Wraparound Patella Knee Support corrects improper tracking while bolstering general stability. Using comfortable allergy-friendly materials, the Q Brace provides a comfortable fit for the wearer.
- 1 x Wraparound Knee Support
Please note that this knee support can be worn on either the left or right leg.
Available in six sizes, the BioSkin Patella Knee Support has a fit for almost anyone. To determine which size you need, please measure the circumference of your leg at the two locations indicated below, then use the table to find the correct size.
- Knee: Taken around the centre of the kneecap
- Thigh: Taken 18cm above the centre of the kneecap
Measurements should be taken with the leg fully extended
|31 - 33cm
|41 - 46cm
|33 - 36cm
|46 - 51cm
|36 - 41cm
|51 - 56cm
|41 - 43cm
|56 - 64cm
|43 - 46cm
|64 - 71cm
|46 - 51cm
|71 - 81cm
Our Sizing Tips
- If the two measurements don't match up, we recommend choosing the larger size for more comfort during use
- BioSkin supports are designed to be compressive and will feel tight as a result; if you would prefer less tightness, please choose a larger size
- If you do not own a tape measure, you can take your measurements without one; simply use a piece of string, then measure the string with a ruler
- Please take into account any joint swelling before buying, as this could mean you need a larger brace
Which Conditions Can The BioSkin Q Brace Help With?
Thanks to the adjustable patella control strap, the Bioskin Q Brace is most helpful for conditions involving the patella. The full list of relevant applications for this knee brace include:
- Anterior knee pain
- Chondromalacia patella
- Patella tendonitis
- Meniscal cartilage tears / repairs
- Mild sprains and instabilities
- Patella maltracking
How Does the BioSkin Q Brace Work?
The BioSkin Q Brace provides multidirectional traction for the patella thanks to the intuitive T-strap that straddles the kneecap to improve stability and control. Positionable on either the medial or lateral side of the knee for versatility, the T-strap is the main feature that will assist with patella tracking and pain syndrome.
What Does the T-Strap Do?
By wrapping around the patella from one side of the knee to the other, the T-strap works by creating a dynamic opposing traction force on the patella. This dynamic traction force will naturally increase as you knee bends, providing the maximum support when your knee is in an "at risk" position.
Key Features and Benefits
- Removable T-shaped strap provides dynamic medial and lateral tracking support
- Flexible stays running either side of the knee offer additional support
- Breathable, allergy friendly materials used to ensure comfort for all users
- Stabilising straps hold the brace firmly in place
- Strapping allows personalisation of compression
- Wraparound design is easy to adjust for the perfect fit
- Open patella design assists tracking and is more breathable
What Is Patellar Maltracking?
Patellar maltracking, also known as patellar tracking disorder, is a common condition that causes the patella, or kneecap, to shift out of place when the knee is bent or straightened. Most commonly, this results in the patella shifting towards the outside of the knee (patellar lateral tracking), but it can also move towards the inside (patellar medial tracking).
In either case, the condition can cause pain, swelling and a frequent popping or clicking sound, and is best treated by stabilising the kneecap with an open-patella knee support like the Q Brace.
Provides Firm Stability
In addition to the T-shape strapping that stabilises the patella, two flexible stays run along either side of the knee brace. These stays double-up the support for your knee, acting as an extra guard to prevent the knee from slipping out of place. Furthermore, two pressure straps above and below the knee can be adjusted to get the perfect level of compression.
Medical Grade Compression
Impressing even further, the BioSkin Q Brace provides medical compression (18 - 20 mmHg) evenly around the knee joint. This is ideal for reducing swelling and pain associated with patellar maltracking and other patellofemoral knee injuries, and will also help to enhance circulation to facilitate the body's natural healing process.
Made from high-wicking, allergy friendly materials, the Bioskin Q is exemplary of Bioskin's commitment to creating the lightest and most breathable supports on the market. Your skin will appreciate the supreme comfort provided by this incredibly thin knee brace, making it ideal for use on hot days during the summer.
Are Other Versions Available?
This wraparound version of the BioSkin Q Brace is ideal for those who need to accommodate for changes in knee size due to swelling. A pull-on version, the BioSkin Pull-On Knee Support is also available, which provides evenly distributed compression around the whole area of the knee. This version is more suited to those who need optimised support and pain relief.
Can I Play Sports While Wearing This Brace?
With hints of elastic imbedded in the fibre, the BioSkin Q Brace gives you that little bit extra stretch to prevent restricting movement. This flexible four-way stretch allows you to run, jump, kick and more without impeding your power or precision. This lightweight knee brace can be used for the following activities:
Thanks to its intuitive design, the BioSkin Q Brace is nice and easy to fit, just follow these steps:
- Sit straight legged with the brace lying flat underneath your knee
- Wrap the upper and lower Velcro tabs around the knee at the front
- Feed the straps through the D-rings and adjust to the desired tension
- Attach middle of the T-strap to the fuzzy strip on the outside of the patella
- Lastly, attach each end of the T-strap to the fuzzy Velcro strip on the other side of the brace
You can also watch the video below for a visual fitting tutorial.
Hand wash in cold water then hang to dry.