BioSkin QLok Pull-On Patella Tracking Knee Brace
Patella tracking disorders come in various degrees of severity, but all can cause significant pain and discomfort if not treated. Fitted with a unique strapping system, the BioSkin QLok Pull-On Patella Tracking Knee Brace helps correct improper tracking by pushing the kneecap back into its original place. When you factor this in with its medical-grade compression, the QLok Knee Brace delivers powerful pain relief that's second to none.
Please note that this knee support can be worn on either the left or right leg.
Sizing Guide for the BioSkin QLok Patella Brace
Available in six sizes, the BioSkin QLok Brace can accommodate for most people. To determine which of these sizes you need, measure the circumference of your leg at the two points indicated below. These measurements must be taken while the leg is fully extended.
- Knee: Taken around the centre of the kneecap
- Thigh: Taken 18cm above the centre of the kneecap
Measurements should be taken while the leg is fully extended
|Knee Circumference (cm)
|Thigh Circumference (cm)
|31 - 33cm
|41 - 46cm
|33 - 36cm
|46 - 51cm
|36 - 41cm
|51 - 56cm
|41 - 43cm
|56 - 64cm
|43 - 46cm
|64 - 71cm
|46 - 54cm
|71 - 81cm
Our Sizing Tips
- If the two measurements don't match up, we recommend choosing the larger size for more comfort during use
- BioSkin supports are designed to be compressive and will feel tight as a result; if you would prefer less tightness, please choose a larger size
- If you do not own a tape measure, you can take your measurements without one; simply use a piece of string, then measure the string with a ruler
- Please take into account any joint swelling before buying, as this could mean you need a larger brace
Which Conditions Can This Support Help With?
Providing robust, dynamic support for the patella, the BioSkin QLok Brace is intended for conditions that effect the kneecap. The main conditions this support can help with include:
- Anterior Knee Pain
- Chondromalacia Patella
- Meniscal Cartilage Tears / Repairs
- Mild Sprains & Instabilities
- Patella Maltracking
How Does the BioSkin QLok Brace Support the Knee?
The BioSkin QLok Brace provides clinically proven patellar positioning thanks to its unique Q Lok strapping system. By combining superior compression with its composite traction straps, the BioSKin QLok pushes the patella back into its natural position while providing soothing pain relief in the process.
How Does the Q Lok Strap Work?
The Q Lok Strap works by creating a dynamic opposing traction force applied across the patella. By wrapping around the the patella from one side of the knee to the other, the kneecap is gently pulled back into its natural position and held there firmly to prevent it from sliding. This method has been shown to affect patella positioning in weight-bearing MRI studies.
Key Features and Benefits
- Pull-on design provide optimised compression evenly throughout the knee
- Lightweight aluminium hinge boosts knee stability without wearing you down
- Dynamic traction strap holds the patella firmly in place to correct tracking
- Adjustable tracking settings to prevent a variety of tracking disorders
- Anterior compression strap works to alleviate pain in the anterior section of the knee
- Stabilising straps above and below the knee allow tailored adjustment of tightness and compression
- Comprised of breathable, latex-free materials for supreme wearer comfort
What Is Patellar Maltracking?
Patellar maltracking, also known as patellar tracking disorder, is a common condition that causes the patella, or kneecap, to shift out of place when the knee is bent or straightened. Most commonly, this results in the patella shifting towards the outside of the knee (patellar lateral tracking), but it can also move towards the inside (patellar medial tracking).
In either case, the condition can cause pain, swelling and a frequent popping or clicking sound, and is best treated by stabilising the kneecap with a tracking support like the QLok Brace
Provides Powerful Pain Relief
When the stabilising hinges, targeted compression and traction control are all working together, the result is a robust level of relief that most other braces can't match. For serious injuries, the BioSkin QLok is the perfect knee brace to help you get back on your feet.
Fitted with hinges made up of the same aluminium you would find on an aeroplane, the BioSkin QLok provides dependable support without feeling too heavy. This allows you to continue daily, or even sporting activities without restriction or discomfort.
Feels Fresh and Breathable
Despite its heavy-duty appearance, the BioSkin QLok provides astonishingly lightweight knee support. Made from high-wicking, allergy-friendly materials, your skin will appreciate the supreme comfort provided by this knee brace, which stays cool even after long periods of wear.
Are Other Versions Available?
This version of the BioSkin QLok Knee Brace has a pull-on design that provides evenly distributed compression throughout the knee. There is also a Bioskin QLok Wraparound Knee Brace that may be more suited to those who need a size-adjustable brace due to swelling.
Find out how to correctly apply the BioSkin QLok Brace by watching the video below. We recommend applying the support to dry skin as lotions, perspiration and wet skin make it harder to pull the brace on.
Hand wash in cold water and then hang to dry.