BioSkin Q Brace Pull-On Patella Knee Support
If you're having trouble with patella tracking or patellofemoral pain, the BioSkin Q Brace Pull-On Patella Knee Support is designed specifically for your needs. This intuitive knee brace features a unique T-strap that creates dynamic force on the patella to prevent it from sliding or moving. Using a unique blend of hypoallergenic materials, the Q Brace offer excellent compressive pain-relief that won't cause irritation.
Please note that this knee support can be worn on either the left or right leg.
Which Size BioSkin Q Brace is Right for Me?
Available in six different sizes, the BioSkin Q Brace is suitable for a wide range of users. To find out which size you require, please measure the circumference of your knee in full extension, then the circumference of your thigh 18cm above your kneecap.
The BioSkin Knee Support is designed to compress the area for improved support, so you might find that this feels strange or uncomfortable at first. This should normalise over time. For a visual guide on how to correctly apply the brace, consult the video located lower down on this page.
|31 - 33cm
|41 - 46cm
|33 - 36cm
|46 - 51cm
|36 - 41cm
|51 - 56cm
|41 - 43cm
|56 - 64cm
|43 - 46cm
|64 - 71cm
|46 - 54cm
|71 - 81cm
Our Sizing Tips
- If the two measurements don't match up, we recommend choosing the larger size for greater comfort during use
- BioSkin supports are designed to be compressive and will feel tight as a result; if you would prefer less tightness, please choose a larger size
- If you do not own a tape measure, you can take your measurements without one; simply use a piece of string, then measure the string with a ruler
- Please take into account any joint swelling before buying, as this could mean you need a larger size
Which Conditions Is This BioSkin Q Brace For?
This Patella Knee Support is ideal for anyone suffering from a condition related to instability of the patella. This brace is particularly suited to:
- Anterior knee pain
- Chondromalacia patella
- Patellar medial tracking and patellar lateral tracking
- Patellar inferior racking and patellar superior tracking
- Patellar subluxation and patellar dislocations
- Meniscal cartilage tears and repairs
- Mild sprains, instabilities and swelling
- Patella maltracking and patellar tracking disorder
Should I Choose a Pull-On Knee Brace?
This pull-on version of the Q Brace Patella Knee Support provides optimal compression, and ensures the level of compression is evenly distributed across the entire joint. A closure version is also available as the BioSkin Q Brace Wraparound Knee Support, which will provide similar support and may be more suitable if you need to accommodate for changes in knee size due to swelling.
How Does the BioSkin Q Brace Provide Support?
The BioSkin Q Brace features a unique design that allows it to provide excellent multi-directional support the patella, meaning it can stabilise the area regardless of which side your patella slides towards. It does this with a combination of compression, flexible stays and a dynamic adjustable 'T-strap' that all work together to provide multi-directional stability.
What Does the T-Strap Do?
One of the main advantages of the Q Brace over other patella braces is the adjustable T-strap, allowing you to support your patella in whatever direction you need. The strap can be placed on either the medial or lateral side of your patella, and then attached to the opposite side to provide dynamic traction force to the patella. This dynamic traction force will naturally increase as your knee bends, providing the maximum support when your knee is in risky positions.
How Much Compression Does the BioSkin Knee Brace Provide?
In addition to stabilising the patella, the BioSkin Q Brace provides medical compression (18 - 20 mmHg) evenly around the knee joint. This is ideal for reducing swelling and pain associated with patellar maltracking and other patellofemoral knee injuries, and will also help to enhance circulation to facilitate the body's natural healing process.
What Is Patellar Maltracking?
Patellar maltracking, also known as patellar tracking disorder, is a common condition that causes the patella, or kneecap, to shift out of place when the knee is bent or straightened. Most commonly, this results in the patella shifting towards the outside of the knee (patellar lateral tracking), but it can also move towards the inside (patellar medial tracking).
In either case, the condition can cause pain, swelling and a frequent popping or clicking sound, and is best treated by stabilising the kneecap with an open-patella knee support like the Q Brace.
Will This Knee Brace Get Hot in the Summer?
The Q Brace is made with BioSkin's original hypo-allergenic Ultima material, which is thin, breathable and soft. This material makes it ideal for use in the summer and on hot days, helping you to stay cool and avoid overheating during sports and physical activity.
Is the Q Brace Suitable for Neoprene and Latex Allergy?
Yes, the BioSkin Patella Knee Brace is suitable for use by those with neoprene and latex allergies. It's made with original BioSkin Ultima material, which is hypoallergenic, latex and neoprene-free.
Key Features and Benefits
- Uniquely designed to allow multi-directional traction of the patella
- Adjustable 'T-strap' prevents dislocation to reduce discomfort
- Strap can be attached in various positions to control the traction direction
- Designed with an open patella for improved comfort during use
- Helps you retain your typical range of motion as much as possible
- Constructed from thin, breathable materials for improved comfort
- Suitable for use in hot climates and on summer days
- Adjusts to a variety of precise tracking directions according to your needs
- Achieves greater dynamic force as the knee is flexed
- Strapping system minimises migration to help you get the support you need
- Suitable for either the left or right leg according to your needs
- Completely latex-free and neoprene-free
Find out how to apply the Q Brace Support by watching the video below. The support is best applied to dry skin as lotions, perspiration and wet skin make it harder to pull the brace on.