Donjoy Lateral-J Patella Knee Brace
Patella alignment issues can cause a great deal of pain that gets in the way of everyday life, especially for those who are always active. Designed to correct patella tracking, the Donjoy Lateral-J Patella Knee Brace features a J-shape buttress that stabilises the kneecap and holds it in place, ensuring minimal movement. Made with breathable Drytex material, this brace can help those with kneecap issues get back into sporting activities.
Which Size Should I Choose?
Available in six sizes, the Lateral-J Knee Brace is suitable for a wide range of users. To find out which size you require, please measure the circumference of your thigh 15cm above the centre of the knee cap (as shown) and consult the table below.
Measure 15cm above the centre of the kneecap as shown
|Thigh Circumference (cm)
|33 - 39cm
|39 - 47cm
|47 - 53cm
|53 - 60cm
|60 - 67cm
|67 - 75cm
- If your measurement falls near or on a sizing boundary, we recommend choosing a larger size for a greater level of comfort.
- The brace is meant to be compressive; if you would prefer less tightness, please choose a larger size
- If you do not have a flexible tape measure, use a piece of string to measure your knee and then measure the string with a ruler
- If your joints swell, please take this into account when choosing your size
What Conditions Does the Donjoy Lateral-J Brace Help With?
Thanks to its tubular, J-shaped buttress, the Donjoy Brace provides exceptional patella stabilisation, making it well suited to the following conditions.
- Dislocated kneecaps
- Lateral patella subluxation
- Lateral patellofemoral malalignment
Key Features and Benefits of the Donjoy Knee Brace
- Features a sewn-in tubular lateral 'J' buttress around the knee cap
- Ideal for supporting a number of different conditions
- Designed to address mid patella discomfort
- Crafted with an additional lateral-to-medial stabilisation strap
- Dual spiral stay offer medial and lateral support
- Cool and breathable Drytex construction Available in either a left or right configuration
- Sized to provide optimum fit and enhanced comfort
- Versatile knee support for use at home, work or during sports
How Does the J-Shape Buttress Support Patella Tracking?
The soft, tubular J-shaped buttress lies against the patella while two support straps hold it in place for maximised kneecap stability. This prevents the kneecap from sliding out of place during movement, ensuring the strength and integrity of your knees is maintained while also preventing further injury.
How Comfortable is the Donjoy Knee Brace?
Manufactured using Drytex material, the Donjoy Lateral Knee Brace provides a cool and breathable feel, resulting in comfort that lasts through the day. With a special configuration for either the left or right leg, the brace fits snugly around your knee, matching its shape for the ideal fit.
Can I Wear The Brace While Playing Sports?
Thanks to the its lightweight, versatile design, the Donjoy Lateral Knee Brace can be worn during sports and intense physical activity. This is ideal for anyone with patella misalignment who wishes to take part in their favourite pastimes without fear of pain and injury.