Donjoy Playmaker II Wraparound Knee Brace
Knee ligament injury is very common among sports men and women, and even mild cases can grind activity levels to a halt. The Donjoy Playmaker II Wraparound Knee Brace works to counteract ligament instability by providing a close compressive fit that stabilises the knee in a safe and correct position. Made with light, breathable Hi10 fabric, this brace can be worn during most physical activity.
- 1 x Donjoy Knee Brace
- 1 x Set of Alternate Extension Stops
- 1 x Instruction Manual
Please note that this knee brace can be worn on either the left or right leg.
Which Size Do I Need?
The Donjoy Playmaker II Brace is available in seven different sizes designed to fit a range of users. In order to find the perfect size brace for you, take the following measurements:
- Measure the thigh circumference 15cm above the centre of the kneecap
- Measure the knee circumference around the centre of the kneecap
- Measure the calf circumference 15cm below the centre of the kneecap
Once you have these measurements, please consult our sizing chart to find the correct size brace for you.
|Thigh Circ. (1)
|Knee Circ. (2)
|Calf Circ. (3)
|33 - 39cm
|30 - 33cm
|25 - 30cm
|39 - 47cm
|33 - 35cm
|30 - 35cm
|47 - 53cm
|35 - 38cm
|35 - 40cm
|53 - 60cm
|38 - 43cm
|40 - 45cm
|60 - 67cm
|43 - 48cm
|45 - 50cm
|67 - 75cm
|48 - 53cm
|50 - 55cm
|75 - 82.5cm
|53 - 58cm
|55 - 60cm
- For measurements that fall between a size boundary, we recommend choosing the larger size for better comfort
- The brace is meant to be compressive; if you would prefer less tightness, please choose a larger size
- If you do not have a flexible tape measure, use a piece of string to measure your knee and then measure the string with a ruler
- Before choosing your size, please take into account any joint swelling or atrophy that may have occurred
What Should I Do If My Measurements Don't Line Up?
If for example, your thigh measurement indicates large and your calf measurement indicates a medium, we would recommend selecting the larger size for maximum comfort and correct compression.
Should I Select a Size Up?
We would only recommend selecting a size up if any of your measurements conflict, or if you are concerned about tightness due to a medical condition. If followed correctly, the recommended measurements taken at three different points should ensure that a tailored and accurate fit is achieved.
What Conditions Can the Donjoy Playmaker II Brace Help With?
Designed specifically for knee instabilities, the Donjoy Playmaker II is suitable for the following indications:
- ACL instabilities
- LCL instabilities
- MCL instabilities
Key Features and Benefits
- Wraparound design helps prevent further discomfort in the area
- Provides the stability you need to allow natural movement
- Flexion control of 45°, 60°, 75° and 90°
- Designed with high-tenacity nylon and spandex fabric (Hi10TM) for comfort
- Crafted with advanced spacer fabric on the front and back for a 'cool' environment
- Ideal for activities on all levels
- Features the proven DIII hinge to manage ROM options
- Moulded strap tabs allow for quick and easy adjustments
- Provides a secure and comfortable fit
Is the Donjoy Playmaker II Suitable for Sports?
Whether you're playing sports on an amateur level or you've made it into the professional league, the Donjoy Playmaker II is ideal for you. The support features advanced spacer fabric on the front and back, which promotes a cool environment. This helps you remain comfortable throughout use, even when you're pushing yourself during sports activities such as:
Should I Choose the Wraparound or Pull-On Version?
As the Playmaker II is designed as a wraparound support, it can easily be applied to your knee without putting stress and friction on the injured area. This helps prevent discomfort to the knee. Please note that the Donjoy Playmaker II Pull On Sleeve is also available if you don't suffer from pain in the area, and is also preferable for more intense activity.
What Flexion Control Does this Brace Have?
This Donjoy wraparound brace has the following levels of flexion control:
Twin Condyle Pads
The Donjoy Playmaker uses twin condyle pads to reinforce stability and prevent the knee and surrounding ligaments from rattling around inside the joint. If either pad is dislodged, simply adjust the position of the fabric section of the brace and reposition each pad against the side of the knee until correction support is achieved.
Located at either side of the brace, they keep the knee in a fixed and stable position. This suspended position keeps the knee in place and allows healing to continue whilst you remain active.
How Comfortable is the Donjoy Playmaker II Knee Brace?
Designed with moulded strap tabs, the Playmaker II Knee Brace provides you with an outstanding fit so you remain comfortable throughout use. These straps are easily adjustable, allowing you to tailor the level of support you're provided by the sleeve.
How Breathable is the Playmaker Knee Brace?
Many knee supports have unfortunate side effects such as stuffiness and overheating, which often makes patients less inclined to wear them. This isn't the case with the Playmaker II, which features a tenacious Hi10 fabric that blends nylon and spandex to provide a phenomenal feel for the skin. Its advanced "spacer" design promotes a cool environment for fast-paced activities.
How Do I Correctly Fit the Donjoy Playmaker II Brace?
In order to fit your Donjoy Playmaker II correctly, please follow the instructions below:
- Undo all straps so they are loose
- Place your foot through the bottom hole and pull the brace up toward the thigh
- Adjust the brace so the patella hole is positioned over the head of the knee care
- Ensure both condyle pads are located either side of your knee
Is the Playmaker II Support Ambidextrous?
Yes, absolutely. The Playmaker II is designed for use on either leg and is not manufactured or sold for one particular side of the body. If you have an injury on your left leg that requires support, you can just as easily use it on your right leg if a similar injury occurs at a later date.
See For Yourself
If you're more of a visual person, please see the video below for step-by-step fitting instructions: