Ottobock Genu Carezza Patella Stabilising Knee Support
Patella tracking issues are common among athletes, especially those who have recently suffered an injury. The Ottobock Genu Carezza Patella Stabilising Knee Support features a C-shaped patella pad that helps correct poor tracking and instability. The brace also comes with criss-cross strapping for a customised fit.
Please note that this knee support can be worn on either the left or right leg.
Which Size Is Right For Me?
The Ottobok Genu Carezza Patella Stabilising Knee Support comes in seven different sizes. Find your size by measuring the circumference of your leg in the following locations:
- Calf: 15cm below the centre of the kneecap
- Thigh: 15cm above the centre of the kneecap
|Calf Circumference (cm)
|Thigh Circumference (cm)
|36 - 40cm
|32 - 35cm
|40 - 44cm
|35 - 38cm
|44 - 48cm
|38 - 41cm
|48 - 52cm
|41 - 44cm
|56 - 61cm
|44 - 48cm
|56 - 61cm
|48 - 51cm
|61 - 67cm
Our Sizing Tips
- If your knee and thigh measurements don't match up, we recommend choosing the larger of the two options for greater comfort
- If you do not own a flexible tape measure, use a piece of string to take your measurements, then measure the string with a ruler
- Please take into account any joint swelling before buying, as this could mean you need a larger size
Which Applications Can I Use This Brace For?
The Ottobock Genu Carezza Knee Support is designed to improve patella tracking and prevent pain through targeted compression. The full list of applications for this knee brace include:
- Patellofemoral pain syndrome
- Chondromalacia patella
- Patellofemoral maltracking
- Patella dislocation or subluxation
- Post-operative use
Key Features and Benefits
- TriTech material provides a high level of wearer comfort
- C-shaped pad provides support and protection for the patella
- X-shaped straps are easily adjustable for an optimised fit
- Slim, lightweight design for discreet use underneath clothing
- Fabric provides generous stretch for enhanced comfort and freedom
How Does the Ottobock Genu Carezza Knee Brace Work?
By combining patella tracking support with adjustable compression, the Ottobock Genu Carezza Brace helps alleviate both pain and instability. A C-shaped patella pad helps guide and protect the kneecap through movement, and X-shaped strapping can be used to tailor the level of compression to get the level of relief you need.
How Do I Fit the Genu Carezza Knee Brace?
The Ottobock Geny Carezza Knee Brace is quick and easy to apply, simply follow these steps:
- Pull the knee brace over the knee until the patella cut-out is centred over the kneecap
- Fasten the strap located below the patella
- Fasten the strap located above the patella
- You're ready to go!
How Comfortable is the Carezza Patella Knee Brace?
Two features make the Carezza Knee Support stand out from the rest. First off, the breathable materials used prevent overheating, and give that little bit of stretch to maintain knee flexibility. Secondly, the adjustable X-shaped straps allow you to increase of decrease the tightness depending on your preference.
Can I Wear The Carezza Knee Brace Underneath Clothing?
If you'd prefer not to draw attention to your injury, the Carezza Knee Brace features a slim, lightweight design that's almost imperceptible beneath clothing. Couple this with its breathable fabric, and you can wear this brace comfortably without anyone even knowing.
Can I Wear This Brace While Playing Sports?
Returning to sports after injury is much easier with a knee brace, and the Genu Carezza is the perfect aid to help you get back out there. Slim, light, supportive and stretchy, this brace has all the components necessary for playing sports while protected.