Ultimate Performance Heavy-Duty Hinged Knee Brace
To temper excessive knee pain, you'll likely require a great degree of support and compression. The Ultimate Performance Heavy-Duty Hinged Knee Brace combines hinged tri-axel stability with soothing neoprene compression to deliver high-grade support for extreme pain and serious injury.
Please note that this knee brace can be worn on either the left or right leg.
What Size Brace Should I Choose?
To find the right fit for you, you must first measure the circumference of your kneecap using a fabric tape measure. To do this correctly, measure the circumference across the centre of the kneecap using the image below as a guide before consulting the sizing table below with your measurement.
Measure around the kneecap as shown
|Size of Knee Brace
|Knee Circumference (cm)
|30 - 35cm
|35 - 40cm
|40 - 45cm
|45 - 50cm
|50 - 55cm
|55 - 60cm
|60 - 65cm
Our Sizing Tips
- For measurements that fall on a size boundary, we recommend choosing the larger size for greater levels of comfort
- The brace is meant to be compressive and will feel tight as a result; if you would prefer less tightness, please select a larger size
- If you do not have a flexible tape measure, take your measurements with a piece of string, then measure the string with a ruler
- If your joints swell, please take this into account when choosing your size
Why Do I Need To Measure My Kneecap?
Measuring the circumference of your kneecap is a vital step that takes the guess work out of sizing. We are all about making sure each and every brace fits correctly, provides an optimal level of support and doesn't squeeze too tightly on your leg.
Should I Select One Size Larger?
We believe that if our above sizing guidance is followed, your brace should fit perfectly. Due to the twin strap and tight-fitting fabric design of the Ultimate Performance Hinged Brace, selecting the correct size for you and tailoring the tightness of your brace to suit your condition could not be easier.
What If I Fall On a Sizing Boundary?
If your kneecap measurement falls on a sizing boundary (for example if your kneecap circumference measured 45cm), our product experts recommend you select the larger of the two sizes. This ensures you get a brace that fits whilst preventing irritation, circulation and blood-flow restriction issues.
How Compressive Is the Ultimate Performance Hinged Knee Brace?
The Ultimate Performance Knee Brace fits close to the leg, encouraging blood flow to the knee in order to promote rehabilitation. This close fit is what enhances support by stopping tired and worn out ligaments drifting further and further away from your kneecap.
What Conditions Does this Support Help With?
With Level 4 Support, the Ultimate Performance Hinged Knee Brace provides the maximum level of protection for severe ligament, tendon and cartilage injuries. This makes it a suitable product to help support and promote healing for a wide range of conditions, including:
- Sprains and Fractures
- Torn Ligaments
How Do the Ultimate Performance Support Levels Work?
UP Braces are designed with four levels of support, each of which helps with different types of injury.
- Level 1 (Basic Support): Excellent value for money support, best used for minor strains and sprains.
- Level 2 (Moderate Support): Mild-to-moderate support, best used for instabilities, strains and pains.
- Level 3 (Pro Support): Provides maximum support for moderate-to-severe instabilities and pain.
- Level 4 (Maximum Support): Designed to brace and add stability for more severe ligament, tendon and cartilage injuries.
How Does the Ultimate Hinged Knee Brace Promote Healing?
The Ultimate Hinged Knee Brace is expertly designed to provide maximum support for people with weak knees or ligament instability. These innovative features allow the hinged knee brace to promote fast healing and protect against further injury.
- Tri-Axial Hinge: The advanced hinge design helps protect against hyperextension without compromising the users mobility. This keeps the knee in a stable position and reduces the risk of further injury.
- Patella Buttressing: A cushioned pad surrounds the patella to improve comfort and knee tracking, meaning that the kneecap stays in the right position and doesn't pop out of place during movement.
- Customised Compression: Featuring two adjustable straps, the hinged knee brace enables you to customise the level of compression depending on your specific needs.
Twin Strap Design Promotes a Tailored Fit
In order to achieve the correct level of compression, the Ultimate Performance Brace uses a twin-strap design to promote a customised fit both above and below the knee. If you find your brace fits too tightly, simply adjust the tightness of each strap until comfortable.
How Do I Fit the Ultimate Performance Hinged Knee Brace?
The Ultimate Performance Brace is easy to fit over the knee thanks to the elastic design and anatomic contouring. Slide the brace up the leg and position the open patella pad over the kneecap to ensure correct fitting for maximum support and comfort. Adjust the straps to suit the level of compression you require.
How Comfortable is the Hinged Knee Brace?
Made with soft, breathable fabrics, the Hinged Knee Brace is comfy to wear even for extended periods of activity. The adjustable straps also allows you to tailor the level of compression for greater comfort when necessary.
Features and Benefits of the Ultimate Performance Hinged Knee Brace
- Support Level 4 - provides the ultimate protection for the afflicted knee
- Recommended for weak, arthritic or unstable ligaments
- Fully tailored design with maximum comfort and fit behind the knee
- Features two adjustable straps to ensure firm and customisable compression
- Tri-axial hinge protects against hyper-extension without reducing mobility
- Patella buttress improves patella tracking for comfort and injury prevention
- Available in seven sizes to suit most users
- Sold individually as a single unit
Are There Braces With Other Levels of Support?
The Ultimate Performance Hinged Knee Support offers ultimate protection with Level 4 Support. However, if this is too much, then links to the best knee braces for other support levels are listed below.