Actimove Arthritis Care Knee Support and TPN 200 Pain Relief Kit
Is arthritis-related knee pain becoming too much to bear? The Actimove Arthritis Care Knee Support and TPN 200 Pain Relief Kit comes with two high-quality products that are proven to alleviate pain in an effective manner.
The Actimove Knee Brace supports and warms the knee with advanced ceramic fibres, while the TPN TENS Machine is an independent therapy unit that utilises a unique method of rehabilitation involving electrical currents.
- 1 x Actimove Knee Support
- 1 x TPN 200 Tens Machine Unit
- 1 x Soft carry case with internal mesh pockets
- 1 x 9V battery
- 4 x Self-adhesive electrodes
- 2 x Patient leads (110cm)
- 1 x Instructional manual
- TENS therapy guide
- 1 x Belt clip
Which Size Arthritis Knee Brace Is Right for Me?
The Arthritis Care Knee Brace is available in five sizes that should suit most users. To find your size, please measure the circumference of your thigh just above the knee (as shown in the picture below). Match this measurement to the table in order to find your ideal size.
Measure around your lower thigh as shown
|28 - 33cm (11 - 13")
|33 - 38cm (13 - 15")
|38 - 43cm (15 - 17")
|43 - 49cm (17 - 19.25")
|49 - 56cm (19.25 - 22")
- For measurements that fall on a sizing boundary, we recommend choosing the larger size for better comfort
- The brace is meant to be compressive. If you would prefer a less tight fit, please select a larger size
- If you do not have a flexible tape measure, use a piece of string to measure your knee and then measure the string with the ruler
- If your joints swell up, please take this into account when choosing your size
What Conditions Can This Brace and TENS Bundle Help Treat?
This pain relief kit is mainly targeted towards those who suffer with arthritis related knee pain. However, anyone who has knee pain as a result of injury or another chronic condition can also benefit from this excellent pain relief bundle. The full list of applications include:
- Swollen knees
Why Buy the Arthritis Pain Relief Bundle?
Arthritis can cause a great deal of pain in the knees, especially if you've been up on your feet all day. This pain relief bundle helps treat this pain throughout the day, and while resting in the comfort of your own home. Wear the Actimove brace to stay supported and prevent pain during day-to-day activity, then use the TENS Therapy Unit to iron out the last niggles of pain at home before you settle in for the evening.
How Does the Actimove Arthritis Care Knee Support Treat Knee Pain?
- Ceramic Fibres for Heat-Retention: The ceramic fibres throughout the Actimove Compression Knee Support help reflect heat back towards the knee, keeping the joint warm and alleviating the symptoms of arthritis.
- Compressive Material: As well as retaining heat, the Actimove Arthritis Knee Support is made with four-way stretch material that provides compression around the knee, helping to increase blood circulation around the joint to promote healing.
- Comfortable Design: If a knee support is not comfortable, you will find yourself not wearing it regardless of whether it helps your condition. The Actimove Arthritis Brace avoids this issue with a fabric that is latex- and neoprene-free for reduced irritation, and perforated to improve breathability.
What Are the Benefits of Ceramic Fibres?
The Actimove Arthritis Support features special ceramic fibres woven throughout the support. These fibres help reflect natural far infrared (FIR) light towards your skin, helping to keep your knee joint warm, which can have the following benefits:
- Reducing Pain
- Increasing Mobility
- Improving Circulation
Please see the diagram below for an explanation of how the ceramic fibres reflect FIR radiation back towards your skin.
How Comfortable Is the Actimove Warming Arthritis Knee Support?
Featuring a four-way stretch material, the Actimove Knee Support provides a light, comfortable compression that improves your mobility. To prevent irritation, the brace is free from both latex and neoprene, which are two things that often cause irritation to sensitive skin.
Finally, the brace is extremely breathable to prevent the build-up of sweat and to keep your joint at the optimal level of comfort.
The Actimove Arthritis Knee Support can help you to enjoy your life again
What is TENS Therapy and Does It Actually Work?
According to the NHS, transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation, or TENS therapy is a method of pain relief which is delivered through a mild electrical current. A TENS machine such as a TPN 200 is a small, battery-operated device with leads that are connected to sticky pads called electrodes.
These leads transport an electrical current from the device through the electrodes to your skin, where they reduce pain signals to your spinal cord and brain.
Leads attached to sticky pads administer an electrical current straight to the skin
This helps relieve pain and relax the muscles while stimulating the production of endorphins which are our natural painkillers. While the NHS stress that there is a need for further studies into TENS therapy, they acknowledge that it provides short-term pain relief and will readily recommend TENS treatment where and when it is necessary.
How Do I Use the TPN 200 Machine?
Your TPN 200 is supplied with a free instruction manual, ensuring that you will know exactly what to do once your purchase has arrived. However, if you want to be prepared before it arrives, read our short user instructions here:
- Place the electrodes (sticky pads) on either side of the pain (they should be placed further than 2 to 3 cm of one another).
- Set the pulse rate to the required setting (100 Hz is recommended to start with), but adjust to your desired level.
- Switch the machine on and turn it up until you feel a strong (but not uncomfortable) tingling sensation.
- Turn the machine up slightly if you feel the tingling sensation lower slightly.
- For full effects, use the TPN 200 for between 45 minutes and 12 hours.
You can adjust the level of electrodes by using the simple, dual channel analogue controls that are on the front of the device. You can also choose between modulation, constant and burst, allowing you to select therapy that is catered to you.
What Does the TPN 200 Feel Like to Use?
While using your TPN 200 Machine, expect to feel a buzzing or tingling sensation surrounding the affected area. Increasing the intensity of the device will increase the intensity of the tingling, so it's recommended that you find a level that is strong, but not uncomfortable.
After around 45 minutes of use you should feel a significant amount of pain relief.
Why is the TPN 200 Recommended by the NHS?
Due to its simple and effective design, the TPN 200 Plus Dual Channel TENS Machine has been long-established as the NHS's most recommended TENS machine. It offers a unique, non-invasive, alternative method of pain relief and is extremely easy to operate.
The analogue controls also allows you to be in control, tailoring the level of pain relief you get to you and your condition.
How Is the TPN 200 Different to Other TENS Machines?
The TPN 200 is different and highly recommended because it puts you in control. It has two independent, controllable output channels that allow for the intensity, duration, number per second and modulation to be altered with ease.
Its small portable design makes the machine incredibly user-friendly, perfect for those who are less mobile.
How Long Will the TPN 200 Last?
Your TPN 200 Dual Channel TENS Machine is supplied with one 9V battery that ensures you never get caught short of power. No matter how much you use your machine, power outage or shorting will never be an issue.
When Shouldn't I Use the TPN 200 TENS Machine?
There are a few situations where you shouldn't use the TPN 200 TENS machine. If you are unsure of whether you should use a TENS machine, please consult your GP or health professional.
We would recommend not using the TENS TPN 200 in the following situations:
- When the cause of the pain is unknown
- During pregnancy (unless medically advised or in labour)
- If you use a pacemaker
- If you have a metallic implant
- If you suffer from epilepsy or heart disease
Where Can I Not Place the TPN 200 Tens Machine Nodes?
- Any electrode placement that applies current to the carotid sinus (neck) region
- Any electrode placement that causes current to flow transcerebrally (through the head)
- Do not place over broken or damaged skin
- Do not place close to the eyes or in the mouth
- Do not use near water such as in the bath
- Do not use when operative machinery or driving