Actimove Everyday Open Patella Knee Brace with Four Stays (Pair)
Knee pain can be caused by several different conditions and injuries, making optimal treatment challenging. However, the Actimove Everyday Open Patella Knee Brace with Four Stays (Pair) is the best way to stay safe and comfortable all day long, with a thin and lightweight design for non-stop support. With ambidextrous designs for interchangeable use on both knees, this handy pack of two features an anatomical design for correct alignment, for the best quality healing and rehabilitation possible.
Please note that this support is ambidextrous, meaning that it can be worn on either the left or right knee.
Which Size Should I Choose?
The Actimove Knee Support with Stays is available in four sizes. To determine the correct size for you, measure the circumference of your thigh just above the knee (as illustrated) and refer to the sizing table below.
Measure around the lower thigh as shown
|Lower Thigh Circumference
|31 - 36cm (12 - 13.5")
|36 - 41cm (14 - 15.5")
|41 - 46cm (16 - 17.5")
|46 - 52cm (18 - 19.5")
- For measurements that fall on a sizing boundary, we recommend choosing the larger size for better comfort
- The brace is meant to be compressive, if you would prefer less tightness, please choose a larger size
- If you do not have a flexible tape measure, use a piece of string to measure your knee and then measure the string with the ruler
- If your joints swell, please take this into account when choosing your size
What Conditions Does this Support Help With?
This knee brace is designed to provide a compressive and stabilising effect that will relieve pain associated with many common knee conditions and irritations. In particular, this support is suitable for:
- Degenerative knee conditions
- Abnormal patellar tracking or patellar tracking disorder
- General knee pain
- Overuse injuries
- Chronic knee pain
- Knee instability
- Moderate arthritis
Key Features and Benefits
- Spiral Stability Stays: Four spiral stays provide a high level of support and stability to the medial and lateral sides of the knee, which helps to combat chronic knee instability resulting from an injury.
- Patella Tracking: With an open patella design, the Actimove Knee Brace helps alleviate any pressure that's placed on the knee, while also supporting the kneecap with correct movement and tracking.
- Firm Compression: The Actimove Everyday Knee Brace delivers firm, even compression to critical areas of the knee, encouraging healthy blood flow to help manage pain caused by common knee conditions.
- Comfortable Design: Despite the compressive nature of this support, it's still comfortable to wear for long periods thanks to the use of soft, latex-free yarns and a smooth-motion comfort zone behind the knee.
- Lasting Durability: As this support is designed to be worn all-day, everyday, the edges have been reinforced with extra stitching to reduce fraying, ensuring the integrity of the compression is kept intact.
How Do I Apply the Knee Brace?
With a pullover design, applying the Actimove Knee Brace is an easy, straightforward process. First make sure that the open patella gap is facing forwards, then simply pull the support up over your leg so that the hole fits directly over the kneecap. The image below illustrates how to correctly apply this brace.
How Comfortable Is the Everyday Support?
Featuring a seamless anatomical design, the Actimove Everyday Support provides compression in the key areas without restricting movement. The patterned stitching allows the leg to stretch, bend and flex naturally, and soft latex and cotton-free materials are used to ensure breathable comfort for the whole day.
When Should I Use the Actimove Open Patella Knee Brace?
As the name suggests, this knee support is designed to be used during virtually any activity in which you feel knee pain. This could include general everyday wear, or exercise such as walking or running. As the Actimove Open Patella Support is made with a seamless anatomical shape, it is comfortable to wear for long periods at a time.
What Is the Benefit of an Open Patella?
The patella, or knee cap, will often be particularly sensitive after a knee injury, which is why an open patella design is a great way to relieve pressure that might cause pain. This will also help to provide some more stability for the knee cap, which is ideal for moderate patellar tracking issues or in the latter stages of recovery from a dislocated patella.
What Is the Benefit of Spiral Stays?
Knee instability tends to stick around even after you've recovered from a knee injury. The spiral stays help combat this problem by holding the knee in the ideal position, preventing unwanted twisting motions. These stays aren't fully rigid and allow a generous degree of flex, letting you move around freely while still benefiting from the compression.
Features a Motion-Comfort Zone
The Actimove Open Patella Compression Knee Brace is designed to provide even compression across the knee, and will move with your body with each step with maximum comfort. To prevent any slipping or discomfort during movement, a smooth motion-comfort zone is included in the crease at the back of the knee.
How Durable Is the Actimove Knee Brace?
Because this knee brace is supposed to be worn daily, it has been specially made to withstand the wear and tear that's expected from everyday use. The edges are reinforced to prevent fraying, and the seamless design ensures that the compression remains constant over long periods.
Does This Brace Contain Neoprene or Latex?
No, this brace is made from high-performance material that is both flexible and breathable for all-day comfort. This material is both latex- and neoprene-free, which makes it an ideal brace for people with sensitive skin.