Actimove Genu Eco Knee Immobiliser
The Actimove Genu Eco Knee Immobiliser is designed for injury and post-surgery rehabilitation – intended to hold the leg in an ideal position for promoting the repair and maintenance of damaged tissue. With comfortable foam padding, the immobiliser can be worn all day by the patient without discomfort, encouraging procedural compliance.
Please note that this support is ambidextrous for use on either leg.
Which Size Do I Need?
The Actimove Genu Eco Knee Immobiliser comes in a variety of sizes to suit different patients. To find which size you need, please measure the length of your leg from the upper-thigh to just above the ankle. Next, measure the circumference of your thigh (as shown below), then use your two measurements to find the right size from the table below.
Measure around the lower thigh as shown
|45cm - 65cm
|45cm - 65cm
|45cm - 65cm
|32cm - 42cm
- Immobilisers are designed to be compressive, if you would prefer less tightness, please choose a larger size
- If you do not have a flexible tape measure, use a piece of string to measure your knee and then measure the string with a ruler
Who Can Use the Actimove Genu Immobiliser?
The Actimove Genu Immobiliser is intended to aid in the healing process following a knee injury or operation. Designed to hold leg in the ideal position while providing compressive pain relief, this support is meant for the following:
- Post-operative support
- Post-arthroscopic treatment
- Ligament injuries
- Soft tissue injury
- Minor knee fractures
Key Features and Benefits
- Anatomical foam shape holds the knee and calf securely in place
- Adjustable aluminium stays help achieve the desired fit, and can be removed if necessary
- Sensitive hook-and-loop closure system allows individual patient adjustment
- Soft terry-type padding provides extra comfort to help with patient compliance
- Can be washed to ensure patient hygiene
How Do I Fit the Actimove Genu Immobiliser?
With a straightforward strapping system, the Actimove Immobiliser is simple and easy to apply, without any moulding necessary. To apply this brace, just follow these steps:
- Undo all the straps and lay the brace down flat
- Place the affected leg into the brace, ensuring the knee is at the centre
- Adjust the straps to the desired degree of tension
Why is Immobilisation Important?
In the first one or two weeks following an injury or operation, immobilisation helps proliferate collagen and fibroblast production in the body. These fibres contribute to the re-formation of connective tissue, which helps the body repair and maintain its structure. Immobilisation also prevents the knee from moving or bearing weight, to prevent risking further injury.
How Comfortable is the Actimove Genu Immobiliser?
With an anatomically shaped foam pad, the Actimove Immobiliser holds the knee and calf securely in an ideal position, without any slippage or rubbing. Terry-like padding provides a soft cushion for the leg to rest in, ensuring comfort and preventing pressure sores that can occur after long periods of sitting in the same position.