Actimove Tutor Pro Knee Immobiliser Brace
Following surgery or an arthroscopic operation, the knee should be kept supported and stable to ensure a swift recovery. The Actimove Tutor Pro Knee Immobiliser Brace speeds-up the process by immobilising the knee in prime position, resulting in fast healing and pain relief. Also featuring a patented open-top design to allow easy access to wounds for inspection and treatment.
Which Size Do I Need?
The Actimove Tutor Pro Knee Immobiliser Brace comes in one universal size that fits 92% of the population. To find out whether this support can accommodate your leg size, please measure the circumference of both your thigh and calf (as illustrated), and refer to the dimensions given below.
- Thigh Circumference: 46 - 70cm
- Calf Circumference: 31 - 45cm
If your measurements fall between these ranges, the Actimove Tutor Brace should be suitable.
Who Should Use the Actimove Tutor Pro Immobiliser?
The Actimove Tutor Pro Immobiliser is designed to prevent movement of the leg, holding the knee in the optimal position to achieve effective healing, making it an ideal supplementary support for the post-operation recovery process. The main applications for the Tutor Pro include:
- Post-operative rehabilitation
- Post-arthroscopic treatment
- ACL and PCL ruptures
- Meniscus injuries
Key Features and Benefits
- Anatomical shape provides secure immobilisation and enhanced patient comfort
- Simple application with adjustable hook and loop straps, no moulding required
- Wide straps and tibia pads prevent uncomfortable pressure
- Open construction allows easy access to wounds for fast patient inspection
- Stiff spine provides secure 0° flexion during immobilisation
- A secondary spine can be used to achieve a 20° when necessary
- X-ray translucent - has no effect on x-ray results
- Soft liner ensures patient comfort to encourage compliance
- Padding in vulnerable areas help prevent pressure sores
- Lightweight shell that's 30% lighter than conventional knee immobilisers
How is the Actimove Knee Immobiliser Worn?
With a straightforward strapping system, the Actimove Immobiliser is simple and easy to apply, without any moulding necessary. To apply this brace, just follow these steps:
- Undo all the straps and lay the brace down flat
- Place the affected leg into the brace, ensuring that the knee is at the centre
- Adjust the straps to the desired level of tension
How Comfortable is the Actimove Tutor Pro Immobiliser?
It's crucial that support is consistent after an operation to ensure a steady recovery, and comfort is a huge factor that helps encourage patients to wear the brace when they should. Featuring an adjustable strapping system, the strength of compression can be tailored to meet the needs of the patient, while the soft padding helps prevent the development of pressure sores.
Can the Actimove Immobiliser Be Worn During X-Rays?
Yes, thanks to the x-ray translucent spine, the Actimove Immobiliser can be worn during x-rays without affecting the results. This means the patient can keep their knee immobilised at all times, and can avoid the extra hassle of constantly removing and re-applying the knee brace.
What is the Benefit of an Open-Top Design?
The Actimove Immobiliser is constructed with an open-top design, which allows the assigned healthcare professional to inspect or treat an injury without removing the brace. Not only is this more convenient, is also means the patient never stops receiving the healing benefits of immobilisation.