Allard CROSS Semi-Rigid Hyperextension Control Hinged Knee Brace
Fitted with an array of advanced features, the Allard CROSS Semi-Rigid Hyperextension Control Hinged Knee Brace provides effective hyperextension control to prevent the knee from shifting into painful positions. Range of motion stops can be used to set limits on knee flexion and extension, giving you full control of your treatment.
- 1 x Semi-Rigid Knee Support
Please note that this knee support can be worn on either the left or right leg.
What Size Should I Choose?
To find the the right size CROSS Knee Support for you, take two easy measurements above and below the patella (knee cap as pictured below.
|Size of Orthosis
|Above the Knee Cap
|Below the Knee Cap
|32 - 37cm
|39 - 44cm
|36 - 41cm
|43 - 48cm
|40 - 45cm
|47 - 52cm
|44 - 49cm
|51 - 57cm
Our Sizing Tips
- If your thigh, knee and calf measurements don't match up, we recommend choosing your sized based on your thigh measurement
- If you do not have a flexible tape measure, use a piece of string to measure your knee and then measure the string with a ruler
- Before choosing your size, please take into consideration any joint swelling or atrophy that may have occurred
Which Conditions Can This Support Help With?
The CROSS Semi-Rigid Knee Orthosis is designed to maintain and rehabilitate mild to moderate sufferers of neuromuscular diseases and injuries, in particular those that cause hyperextension of the knee joint. As such, the orthosis is suited to the following conditions:
- Management of Genu Recurvatum (Instability)
- Rhuemetoid Arthritis
- Mild to moderate hyperextension
- Ligament instability
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
How Does the Allard Semi-Rigid Knee Orthosis Work?
The Allard Knee Orthoses works by restricting the range of motion in order to prevent the knee from overextending into painful positions that risk causing further injury. Supplied with special stops, the range of extension and flexion can be adjusted by you to facilitate the needs of your condition.
Key Features and Benefits of the CROSS Semi-Rigid Knee Support
- Unique design allows for one-handed application and removal
- Cross on the back stabilises knee hyperextension
- Ultra-smooth low-friction liner prevents skin irritation
- Soft interior allows for easy transfer of orthosis along the leg/knee
- Enhances stability with a silicone band around patella
- Can be washed at 40°C in washing machines
How Comfortable is the CROSS Semi-Rigid Knee Support?
Featuring an ultra-smooth, low friction liner with no visible seams, the CROSS Brace sits comfortably on the knee without causing irritation. Its pre-flexed anatomical shape also ensures no bunching, while a strategically placed silicone band helps prevent migration.
How Do I Fit This Knee Support?
Thanks to a unique one-hand donning assistant, the Allard CROSS Semi-Rigid Brace is very easy to fit, even with limited balance or strength. To correctly fit this brace, please follow the graphic instructions below.
Can I Apply the CROSS Semi-Rigid Support with One Hand?
Reinforcement in the upper wide cuff keeps the orthosis open so the foot and leg slide easily into the brace, helping users with limited hand function put on this braces with only one hand. This “donning aid” further assists users with limited balance to guide the orthosis over the foot and pull it up on the leg.
How Adjustable is the CROSS Knee Orthosis?
The CROSS Knee Support has adjustable ROM (Range of Motion) stops to limit knee movement, preventing it from moving into potentially harmful positions. Flexion and extension can be limited to the following degrees:
Please note that the CROSS Semi-Rigid Knee Orthosis can be washed at 40°C in washing machines.