Donjoy 4Titude Ligament Knee Brace
The aftermath of an ACL rupture or other ligament related knee injury will make leading an active lifestyle feel impossible. The Donjoy 4Titude Ligament Knee Brace can turn those bad fortunes around by providing a high-level of support and protection for the knee, using a four-point system that leverages pressure away from the affected area. Lightweight, comfy and durable, this brace is suitable for use in contact and non-contact sports.
Which Size Do I Need?
To find out which size of the Donjoy 4Titude Brace you need, please measure the circumference of your thigh 15cm above the centre of the kneecap with your knee slightly bent (as shown). Next, check the table below to find out which size you require. The support is also available in two different lengths and separate models for the left and right leg, as well as specific models to target and support different ligaments.
|Thigh Circumference (cm)
|33 - 39cm
|39 - 47cm
|47 - 53cm
|53 - 60cm
|60 - 67cm
|67 - 75cm
|75 - 82.5cm
- For measurement that fall between a size boundary, we recommend choosing the size up for greater comfort
- If you do not have a flexible tape measure, use a piece of string and wrap it around your thigh, then measure the string with a ruler
- If your joints are swollen or atrophied, please take this into account when choosing a size
Which Knee Zones Does the 4Titude Support?
The 4Titude Knee Brace is available in different models according to the zone of your knee that requires extra support. The different models for this brace provide support for the following conditions:
- ACL injury
- Combined instability (ACL + PCL)
- LCL injury
- MCL injury
- PCL injury
Key Features and Benefits
- Ideal for contact and non-contact sporting activities
- Designed with patented four-points-of-leverage technology
- Features an anti-migration 'Supra Conylar' pad for comfort
- Made from aircraft-grade aluminium for extra sturdiness
- Low-profile and lightweight design to provides a lightweight feel
- Mouldable thigh and calf cuffs provide you with a custom fit
- Designed with removable thermal-formed liners and strap pads
- Features adjustable flexion and extension straps for comfort
- Available in seven different sizes and two lengths for a personalised fit
Which Sports Can I Play with the Donjoy 4Titude Knee Brace?
Designed to help those who like to be active stay active, the Donjoy 4Titude Knee Brace is fitted with lightweight materials and soft padding to allow use during sports activities. The brace can be used for the following activities:
What is the Donjoy 4-Point-Of-Leverage System?
The Donjoy 4Titude Knee Support uses Donjoy's four-points-of-leverage system, which can be found in the majority of Donjoy's top knee braces. This significantly reduces ACL strain and provides a constant dynamic load on the knee. The four points of leverage are as follows:
- Point One (Anterior): The first point of leverage is the anterior thigh cuff. This acts as a point for rotating the femur anteriorly.
- Point Two (Posterior): The second point of leverage is the posterior calf cuff. This acts as a point for rotating the tibia posteriorly.
- Point Three (Posterior): The third point of leverage is a posterior thigh strap. This is applied while drawing the hinge bars posteriorly on the knee.
- Point Four (Anterior): Incorporating the fourth point generates the crucial opposing force. By tightening and affixing the anterior tibial strap, the hinge is drawn into proper position and the tibia is rotated posteriorly.
The Four Points of Leverage are spread out across the brace for better balance
How Comfortable is the Donjoy 4Titude Knee Brace?
Lightweight, low-profile and fitted with Supra Condyle padding for extra suspension, the Donjoy 4Titude Knee Brace provides lasting comfort, encouraging you to keep the brace on for longer. With mouldable cuffs, you get a custom fit that's specifically tailored to your leg, providing a high level of support while also granting the freedom to move.
Should I Choose the Short or Standard Length?
Which brace you choose will depend on how you are planning to use the Donjoy Knee Brace. The difference between the two options are:
- Short: This configuration features a shorter calf area that stops further up the leg, intended for people wearing large boots for activities such as skiing, skating or climbing.
- Standard: This configuration features a standard sized calf section that goes further down the leg. This may provide a more secure feel, but both leg options will provide the same high level of support.
Can I Wear the Donjoy 4Titude Knee Brace on Both Legs?
To guarantee comfort and a secure fit, the Donjoy 4Titude Knee Brace is designed specifically for either the left or right leg. Depending on which leg is injured, you will need to select the appropriate option from the drop down menu at the top of the page.