Donjoy OA Clima-Flex Osteoarthritis Knee Support
If arthritic knee pain is preventing you from living the energetic lifestyle you love, the Donjoy OA Clima-Flex Osteoarthritis Knee Support will help guide you back to pain-free living. Designed to offload pressure on the affected area of the knee, this light and breathable knee brace significantly reduces pain and stiffness over time, so you can enjoy walking, shopping, or playing tennis without any burden.
- Inner Left Knee Pain: Choose the Medial Left/Lateral Right Brace
- Outer Left Knee Pain: Choose the Medial Right/Lateral Left Brace
- Inner Right Knee Pain: Choose the Medial Right/Lateral Left Brace
- Outer Right Knee Pain: Choose the Medial Left/Lateral Right Brace
Learn more about which compartment to choose.
Which Size Should I Choose?
The Donjoy OA Knee Brace is available in seven sizes that should suit most users. To find your size, please measure the circumference of your thigh 15cm (6") above the middle of your kneecap.
Measure around the kneecap as shown
|33 - 39cm (13 - 15.5")
|39 - 47cm (15.5 - 18.5")
|47 - 53cm (18.5 - 21")
|53 - 60cm (21 - 23.5")
|60 - 67cm (23.5 - 26.5")
|67 - 75cm (26.5 - 29.5")
|75 - 81cm (29.5 - 32")
- For measurements that fall between a size boundary, we recommend choosing the larger size for better comfort
- If you do not have a flexible tape measure, use a piece of string to measure your knee and then measure the string with a ruler
- Before choosing your size, please take into consideration any joint swelling or atrophy that may have occurred
What Conditions Can the Donjoy OA Clima-Flex Support Help With?
The Donjoy OA Knee Support will tackle osteoarthritis pain and stiffness by offloading the pressure from one side of your knee to the other. We would recommend using the Clima-Flex if you:
- Suffer from mild to moderate osteoarthritis pain
- Play sports, golf, walking and hiking
- Need a brace for warmer weather
Should I Choose a Medial or Lateral Compartment?
Your choice of a medial (inside the knee) or lateral (outside of the knee) compartment knee brace will depend on which side of the knee is affected. The brace applies pressure to the opposite side of the knee that feels pain, helping to open up the joint on your affected side to avoid osteoarthritic friction. For example if you suffer from:
- Inner Left Knee Pain: You need the Medial Left/Lateral Right Brace
- Outer Left Knee Pain: You need the Medial Right/Lateral Left Brace
- Inner Right Knee Pain: You need the Medial Right/Lateral Left Brace
- Outer Right Knee Pain: You need the Medial Left/Lateral Right Brace
Who Can Use the Donjoy Support for Osteoarthritis?
The Donjoy Knee Support is recommended for anyone who is suffering from mild to moderate osteoarthritis pain. This can range from slight pain during walking to more severe types of stiffness that make mobility difficult. You can use this brace whenever you undergo activity, whether it be going on arduous hikes or gentle strolls to the shop.
How Does the Clima-Flex Knee Support Work?
When you suffer from osteoarthritis, the surfaces of your knee become damaged and it prevents your knee from moving as it should. Cartilage becomes rough and thin, the bone grows too thick and your knee can swell. Your body can repair the damage on its own, but often it will leave behind an injured knee.
The Donjoy OA Knee Support works by delivering comfortable, cooling relief through compression and off-loading. New Donjoy C-6 Fabric Technology delivers breathable, moisture-absorbing comfort to the knee, and using antimicrobial technology keeps the knee joints cool.
C-6 fabric helps to keep the Donjoy OA Brace comfortable
Features of the OA Knee Support Clima-Flex
- New Donjoy C-6 Fabric Technology delivers gentle compression that keeps knee cool
- Antimicrobial agents work to control temperature so that the knee does not overheat and prevent odour
- Fitted with fly on-the-wall hinge adjustment allows user instant pain relief
- E-Z grip handles and intuitive wraparound design ensure form-fitting comfort
- Easily adjustable for more or less compression and user comfort
- Cuffs are subtle and concealed in the thigh which increases confidence and comfort
How Do I Fit the Donjoy Clima-Flex Brace?
To fit your brace, please follow the below instructions:
- Open the Brace:
- Open the brace by opening the straps and the flaps.
- Put the Brace On:
- Line the centre of the hinge to the centre of the knee, and wrap the side flap around the top of your leg.
- The hinge should be on the unaffected side of the knee and the patella hole should be over your patella.
- Wrap the calf strap around the calf.
- Make Adjustments:
- Use the straps to make sure the brace is tight enough.
- Strap the Calf:
- Use the below calf strap to tighten the brace further.
- Use the thigh strap to strap the thigh in tight.
- Adjust Hinge:
- Rotate the knobs on the hinge clockwise to tighten your brace (make sure there is no more than a 2 digit difference on the two digit indicators.
- Watch the Below Video for a Tutorial:
Can I Be Active While Wearing the Donjoy OA Knee Brace?
Yes, the Donjoy Clima-Flex Knee Brace is actually designed using C-6 Fabric Technology that offers a breathable, moisture wicking fit that keeps your leg cool even when the brace is underneath clothes. This means that you can use it for light activities such as golf and hiking without too much stress. The brace is designed to help you stay active in the face of OA.
How Does Offloading Work?
Offloading means that the pressure is moved from one side of your knee to the other. As arthritis is caused when two bones rub on one another, by relieving these bones of pressure, it means that you don't feel the pain associated with OA. For more information on how offloading works, please visit our How Does Offloading Work Guide.
Can I Wear the Donjoy OA Clima-Flex Brace Under Clothes?
The Donjoy OA Brace is slimline, featuring a thin wraparound design that fits close to the leg. This means that you can easily fit clothing over the top of your brace without too much trouble.
How Long Do I Have to Wear the Clima-Flex For?
Unfortunately, there is no cure for osteoarthritis. However, that doesn't mean that the pain won't go away after a few months of using the brace. We would recommend using this brace when you partake in any form of activity.
We do recommend that you build up the amount of time that you spend wearing the brace. OA braces are designed to realign your leg, so taking your time and getting accustomed to thee brace is a good idea.
Is the Clima-Flex Brace a Cure for OA?
As mentioned above, the Clima-Flex is not a cure for osteoarthritis, however it will help alleviate some of the symptoms. If you are suffering from OA because of an earlier injury, then using this brace could lead to your OA disappearing.
How Comfortable Is the Donjoy Clima-Flex Knee Brace?
The comforting Clima-Flex features a number of special features that will make the brace more comfortable to wear. These include special E-Z Grip Handles so that you don't strain while putting the brace on, C-6 Fabric Technology that prevents your leg from overheating, and special hinge adjustment settings for a catered level of compression.