Promedics PROA+ Osteoarthritis Universal Hinged Knee Brace
Designed to help lessen the pain associated with osteoarthritis, the Promedics PROA+ Osteoarthritis Universal Hinged Knee Brace features a two-point hinge system that shifts weight away from the affected area. The hinges can be adjusted using a provided adjustment tool, which enables you to change the range of motion according to your recovery needs.
- 1 x Knee Brace
- 1 x Adjustment Tool
Please note that this knee support can be worn on either the left or right leg.
Sizing Information for the Promedics PROA+ Knee Brace
The Promedics Osteoarthritis Hinged Knee Brace is available in two different styles for either the left or right leg. This leg brace is universally designed to fit almost anyone, however the brace cannot accommodate users with a thigh circumference over 30" (76.2cm).
To measure your thigh circumference, please measure 15cm above the mid-patella as seen in the diagram below.
Who Can Use the Promedics PROA+ Osteoarthritis Knee Brace?
Designed to compress tender areas around the medial and lateral knee ligaments, this premium brace is ideal for people with mild-to-moderate osteoarthritis. The list of indications for the Promedics Osteoarthritis Knee Brace include:
- Uni-compartmental knee osteoarthritis
- Medial compartment osteoarthritis
- Lateral compartment osteoarthritis
- Post-op rehabilitation
Key Features and Benefits
- Hinged leg brace provides support for both the medial and lateral sides of the knee
- Ideal for alleviating symptoms of mild-to-moderate osteoarthritis
- Comfortable non-slip pads keep the brace in its optimal position
- Moisture wicking fabric reduces odour and improves comfort
- Two-point hinge adjustment system for even pressure distribution
- Adjustable stops set the preferred position and range of motion
- One-step closure system allows for easy donning and doffing
- Universal size is suitable for most users
Adjustable Range of Motion
An adjustable stop allows you to set the range of motion to tailor towards specific requirements for your condition. Decrease the range of motion for newer injuries that need extra compression to promote fast healing.
Once your knee joint is strong enough, you can simply increase the range of motion to give yourself more flexibility during day-to-day use.
How Comfortable is the Promedics Osteoarthritis Knee Brace?
Pads made with comfortable, non-slip materials make the PROA+ Knee Brace incredibly comfy to wear. They also assist with keeping it securely in place.
Using moisture wicking fabrics, the brace prevents moisture build-up to improve comfort and reduce odour.
Two-Point Hinge Adjustment
Using the supplied adjustment tool, you can adjust the screws on the stopper to help evenly distribute pressure throughout the leg. This improves comfort and allows you to adjust the compression to match your own individual requirements.
Featuring a one-step closure system, the PROA+ knee brace is fastened using buttons for each of the four straps. This simple design makes for easy donning and doffing of the leg brace, which improves patient acceptance and compliance.
How Do I Fit the Promedics Osteoarthrits Knee Brace?
Applying and removing the OA Knee Brace is simple and easy to do thanks to its innovative design. Follow the step-by-step guide to see how easy it is to fit this sturdy leg brace.
- Make sure all the buckles are detached from the frame
- Sit down with your knee bent close to a 30° angle.
3. Centre the brace on the side of your leg aligned with the centre of your knee.
4. Attach the straps in numbered order. The number of each strap can be found on each pull tab.
5. Adjust the tightness of each strap so that it is not too tight to ensure safe support and comfort.
For a full step-by-step visual guide on how to fit the knee brace, check out the video below.
- Shell: Polyester resin
- Support: Aluminium/steel
- Buckle: ABS/polyester thermoplastic elastomer
- Adjustment Tool: Nylon and fibreglass
- Strap/Pad: Nylon / polyurethane / polyester / EVA / Velcro