Donjoy Stabilax Padded Knee Support with Removable Hinges
Fitted with removable hinges and protective patella padding, the Donjoy Stabilax Padded Knee Support with Removable Hinges provides exceptional support for a number of knee conditions. Providing medical grade compression to increases proprioceptive and neuromuscular stimulation, this brace is perfect for people returning from injury who want to feel the power of their legs again.
- 1 x Elastic Knee Sleeve
- 2 x Adjustable Straps
- 2 x Removable Hinges
Please note that this knee brace can be worn on either the left or right leg.
Which Size Is Right for Me?
The Donjoy Stabliax is available in seven different sizes. It is important to ensure you choose the right size to ensure the support fits anatomically. Measure the circumference of the thigh 15cm above the centre of the kneecap (as shown) and then consult the table below to find the right size.
Measure 15cm above the centre of the kneecap as shown
|Thigh Circumference (cm)
|35 - 38cm
|39 - 42cm
|43 - 46cm
|47 - 49cm
|50 - 53cm
|54 - 57cm
|58 - 61cm
Our Sizing Tips
- For measurements that fall between two sizes, we recommend choosing the larger size for a greater level of comfort
- The brace is meant to be compressive and will feel tight as a result; if you would prefer less tightness, please choose a larger size
- If you do not have a flexible tape measure, take your measurements with a piece of string, then measure the string with a ruler
- If your joints swell, please take this into account when choosing your size
What Conditions Can the Donjoy Stabilax Support Be Used For?
Due to the high level of compression that the Donjoy Stabilax provides, the brace is suitable for treating a wide range of knee injuries, from chronic instability to torn ligaments. This makes the support ideal for injury prone sports players and people suffering from conditions that cause painful joints. The range of injuries and conditions applicable for the Stabilax include:
- Mild ligament sprains
- Knee instability and hypermobility
- Proprioceptive stimulation
- Knee osteoarthritis
- Injury prevention
Key Features and Benefits
- Provides medical grade targeted compression (20 - 36mmHg)
- Semi-rigid hinges for shock and weight absorption
- Adjustable straps to increase or decrease pressure as needed
- Anatomically contoured knee pad for added stability and pain relief
- Elastic stretch zones for greater mobility and comfort
- Reduces pain and swelling for knee injuries and osteoarthritis
- Looser fit in the popliteal area for unrestricted flexion
- Suitable for use on either left or right knee
- Enhances proprioception and joint stability
- Latex and PVC-free to prevent allergic reactions
How Do I Use the Donjoy Stabilax Knee Support?
The Donjoy Stabilax is designed for easy use. The brace has an anatomical 3D knit design that makes it easy to position correctly over the knee. Made with elastic material, the support will slip over your leg with ease and will stretch to acheive an ergonomic fit. Adjust the straps to suit your preference as shown in the video below: tighter for more compression or looser for greater mobility.
Please note that the size of the straps may vary depending on the size of the product.
How Do I Adjust the Level of Compression?
To increase the level of pressure placed on your knee, tighten the two provided straps at the thigh and lower leg. The tighter the fit, the more force is absorbed, meaning less strain on the knee. As your knee recovers, you can then loosen the straps or remove the hinges entirely to improve mobility while maintaining support.
Stabilising Hinges for Added Compression
Featuring two semi-rigid polycentric hinges, the Donjoy Stabilax holds the knee in a stable position while providing extra compression. The hinges help restrict the range of motion and take on more of your weight as you move. This causes less strain on the knee, giving it a better chance of recovery.
Anatomically Contoured Knee Pad
Providing extra pain relief, the Donjoy Stabilax features a padded ring that's positioned around the patella. This pad stabilises the fragile kneecap and massages the area with small stimulating nubs to promote blood flow and reduce pain.
Made with soft-knit breathable fibres, the Donjoy Stabilax is nice and comfy to wear. When you're not strapped in too tight, the elastic design of the brace allows for unrestricted movement while still providing a high level of support.
The material of the Donjoy Knee Support is latex and PVC-free to prevent your body from reacting badly to the support, meaning you won't end up with any irritating rashes forming on your leg.
- Hinge Length: 275mm
- Strap Width: 50mm