Donjoy Strapilax Padded Knee Support and Strap
With an optional strapping feature, the Donjoy Strapilax Padded Knee Support and Strap provides customisable compression to accommodate each stage of recovery. The straps can be tightened for greater support and pain relief during times of significant pain, or they can be removed entirely to allow free movement when needed.
- 1 x Padded Knee Support
- 1 x Elastic Strap
Please not that this knee brace can be worn on either the let or right leg.
Which Size Is Right for Me?
Available in eight different sizes (including a kids' size), it is important to ensure you choose the right size to ensure the support fits anatomically. Measure the circumference of the thigh 15cm above the centre of the kneecap (as shown) and then consult the table below to find the right size.
Measure around the centre of the kneecap as shown
|Thigh Circumference (cm)
|Paediatric/Kids' (Size 0)
|30 - 34cm
|Extra Small (Size 1)
|35 - 38cm
|Small (Size 2)
|39 - 42cm
|Medium (Size 3)
|43 - 46cm
|Large (Size 4)
|47 - 49cm
|Extra Large (Size 5)
|50 - 53cm
|XX-Large (Size 6)
|54 - 57cm
|XXX-Large (Size 7)
|58 - 61cm
Our Sizing Tips
- For measurements that fall between two sizes, we recommend choosing the larger size for a greater level of comfort
- The brace is meant to be compressive and will feel tight as a result; if you would prefer less tightness, please choose a larger size
- If you do not have a flexible tape measure, take your measurements with a piece of string, then measure the string with a ruler
- If your joints swell, please take this into account when choosing your size
What Conditions is the Donjoy Strapilax Knee Support For?
The Donjoy Strapilax is best suited for people recovering from knee injuries or suffering from chronic knee pain. With a high level of compression, the brace provides pain relief and healing to individuals with the following conditions:
- Acute knee injuries
- Chronic knee injuries
- Torn ligaments
- Dislocated or fractured knees
- Knee osteoarthritis
- Prevention of further injury
Key Features and Benefits
- Elasticated design to ensure an ergonomic fit
- Adjustable knee strapping for custom-fit compression
- Anatomically contoured pads for stabilising the patella
- Breathable, soft-knit fibres used for exceptional comfort
- Non-slip silicone bands for added security
- Reduces pain and swelling for knee injuries and osteoarthritis
- Stretch zones for freedom of movement and added breathability
- Compression-reduced edges to divert pressure to key areas
- Suitable for use on either the left or right knee
- Visual aids to ensure correct application of the support
- Latex and PVC-free to prevent allergic reactions
How Do I Use the Donjoy Strapilax Knee Support?
Thanks to its intuitive design, the Donjoy Strapilax Knee Support is very easy to use. The elasticity of the brace means it slips easily over your leg and onto your knee. Use the visual aids stitched into the fabric to position the support anatomically for optimal stability and comfort. If you require additional support, wrap the strap around your knee as shown below to increase the level of compression.
Please note that the strap seen in this video may vary in size depending on the size of the product.
Can I Use the Donjoy Strapilax for Sports?
The elastic strapping makes this support ideal for use while playing sports. When resting, you can increase compression with the strap to quickly reduce pain and swelling. Then, when you're back in the action, loosen the strap or take it off entirely for extra comfort and freedom.
Using the elastic strapping, you can choose how tightly to wear the Donjoy Strapilax Support. If you're in extreme pain or there's lots of swelling, tighten the strap to increase compression and encourage blood flow. Once your knee then starts to recover, you can then loosen the strap to give yourself more freedom to move.
Featuring an anatomically contoured knee pad, the Donjoy Strapilax stabilises the patella and improves compression for better pain relief. The pad is equipped with small nubs that massage the area and stimulate blood flow to help reduce swelling and relive pain.
Unlike most leg supports, the Donjoy Strapilax is exceedingly pleasant to wear. Made with breathable, soft-knit fibres, the brace doesn't get too hot, sweaty and uncomfortable. In addition, the elastic, anatomic design means the support fits like a glove, so you'll hardly notice you're even wearing it.
Is the Donjoy Support Allergy Friendly?
Yes, made with biocompatible yarn, the Donjoy Support is completely latex and PVC-free. This helps prevent any irritating rashes from appearing on your leg.
The Donjoy Strapilax Padded Knee Support features silicone coated bands at the top to hold the support securely in place during physical activity. This avoids having to make any time-sapping adjustments while in the heat of the action, and ensures security and comfort for the duration of the game.