Thuasne Patella Reliever Tracking Knee Brace
The patella (also know as the kneecap) is a particularly delicate part of the body that can sometimes slide out of position, causing intense pain. The Thuasne Patella Reliever Tracking Knee Brace is designed to help people with unstable kneecaps improve patella tracking to prevent searing pangs of pain from ruining your day.
Please note that this support can be worn on either the left or right leg.
Which Size Should I Choose?
The Thuasne Patella Reliever Brace comes in six sizes that should accommodate for most individuals. To find out which size you need, please measure the circumference of your knee across the centre of your kneecap (as shown). Once you have your measurement, refer to the table to find your fit.
Measure around the centre of the kneecap as shown
|Extra Small (Size 1)
|32 - 34cm
|Small (Size 2)
|35 - 37cm
|Medium (Size 3)
|38 - 41cm
|Large (Size 4)
|42 - 45cm
|Extra Large (Size 5)
|46 - 49cm
|XX-Large (Size 6)
|50 - 53cm
Top Sizing Tips
- If your measurement falls on a size boundary, we recommend choosing the larger size for greater levels of comfort
- The brace is meant to be compressive and will feel tight as a result; if you would prefer less tightness, please choose a larger size
- If you do not have a flexible tape measure, take your measurements with a piece of string, then measure the string with a ruler
Which Conditions Can the Patella Reliever Knee Brace Help Me With?
Designed to re-align the patella and hold it in place, the Thuasne Reliever Knee Brace helps reduce pain and instability caused by the following conditions:
- Patella misalignment
- Patella instability
- Patellofemoral pain syndrome
- Patellofemoral arthritis
- Patella luxation and subluxation
- Patella dislocation
Key Features and Benefits
- Hinged support beside the kneecap for firm stability
- Half-moon patella insert with strap and lace system to improve knee traction
- Silicone integration with the fabric to ensure a secure hold
- Delivers medical-grade compression to alleviate pain
- Anatomically shaped knit with comfort zones in key areas
- Adjustable calf grip-pad and calf strap for tailored fit and comfort
- Easy-use pull taps make application simple and painless
- Distal strap for improved fit and suspension
What Is Patella Misaligned Syndrome?
Patellofemoral misalignment is where the kneecap tends to slide out of place due to poor tracking, causing considerable pain and discomfort. In serious cases, surgery is required, however for most people the problem can be improved with knee supports that correct patella tracking, such as the Thuasne Reliever Knee Brace.
How Does the Patella Reliever Improve Tracking?
The Patella Reliever improves tracking in two ways: First, the hinged stay located beside the kneecap holds the knee correctly aligned, preventing it from sliding around and causing pain. Secondly, a half-moon patella pad inside the brace works with a "strap and lace" kneecap traction system, which guides the knee and keeps it in place during movement.
Can I Adjust the Thuasne Reliever Knee Support?
With two distinct adjustment features, the Thuasne Patella Reliever can be tailored to meet your exact needs. A Velcro calf strap (left) can be adjusted depending on whether you want a tight compressive fit or loose-fitting freedom. Additionally, a self gripping pad (right) can be pulled to adjust the level of compression situated around the kneecap.
Calf strap (left), self-gripping pad (right)
How Comfortable Is the Thuasne Patella Reliever Knee Brace?
Intended to be worn for long periods, it's essential that knee supports are comfortable and easy on the skin. With anatomically shaped knitting, the Reliever Knee Brace contours to the shape of your leg, while comfort zones in key areas provide extra breathability.
How Do I Fit the Patella Reliever Brace?
The Thuasne Patella Reliever is easy to fit in three simple steps, just follow the instructions below:
- Slip the brace over the leg, making sure the kneecap is positioned in the centre of the patella ring
- Loosen and pull the self-gripping pad until the required level of pressure is reached
- Close the calf strap underneath the knee and tighten as desired
For a visual demonstration on how to fit this knee brace, please watch the video below.