Thuasne Action Reliever Osteoarthritis Knee Brace
Staying active is a great way to counteract knee joint degeneration caused by osteoarthritis, but the pain can make this much easier said than done. Designed to offload knee pressure from the affected area of your knee, the Thuasne Action Reliever Osteoarthritis Knee Brace allows you to keep your knees active without pain, breaking the vicious cycle of joint degeneration.
Which Size Should I Choose?
The Action Reliever Osteoarthritis Brace is available in eight different sizes to accommodate most people. To find out which size will provide you with the most support, measure the circumference of your knee, thigh and calf as indicated in the diagram below, then choose the right size from the sizing table.
|Thigh Circ. (1)
|Knee Circ. (2)
|Calf Circ. (3)
|Extra Small (Size 1)
|38 - 41cm
|32 - 34cm
|28 - 31cm
|Small (Size 2)
|42 - 45cm
|35 - 37cm
|32 - 35cm
|Medium (Size 3)
|45 - 48cm
|38 - 41cm
|35 - 38cm
|Large (Size 4)
|48 - 51cm
|42 - 45cm
|39 - 42cm
|Extra Large (Size 5)
|50 - 53cm
|46 - 49cm
|41 - 44cm
|XX-Large (Size 6)
|53 - 56cm
|50 - 53cm
|44 - 47cm
|XXX-Large (Size 7)
|56 - 61cm
|53 - 56cm
|48 - 51cm
|XXXX-Large (Size 8)
|61 - 66cm
|56 - 59cm
|51 - 54cm
Our Sizing Tips
- If your measurements do not match up, we recommend choosing the size associated with your largest measurement
- The brace is meant to be compressive and will feel tight as a result; if you would prefer less tightness, please choose a larger size
- If you do not have a flexible tape measure, use a piece of string to take your measurements and then measure the string with a ruler
- Before choosing your size, please take into account any joint swelling or atrophy that may have occurred
What Conditions Can this Knee Support Help Me With?
The Knee Brace can help with the following conditions:
- Uni-compartmental osteoarthritis (lateral or medial)
- Lateral or medial knee conditions requiring load reduction
Which Configuration Should I Buy?
This knee brace comes in two different configurations depending on where your pain is located. Please use the guide below to choose the right one for you.
- Inner Left Knee Pain: You need the Medial Left/Lateral Right Knee Brace
- Outer Right Knee Pain: You need the Medial Left/Lateral Right Knee Brace
- Inner Right Knee Pain: You need the Medial Right/Lateral Left Knee Brace
- Outer Left Knee Pain: You need the Medial Right/Lateral Left Knee Brace
Key Features and Benefits
- Semi-soft knee brace for alleviate arthritis pain
- Discreet design is almost invisible underneath clothing
- Dynamic off-loading straps with 3-point leverage system
- Combined rigid adjustable hinge provides excellent stability
- Anatomically-shaped straps for accurate compression
- Straps create dynamic three-point pressure system
- Maximum off-loading on heel strike
- Anatomical knit with integrated anti-slip silicone
- Comfort zone at popliteal crease
- Stretch knit at the edges for the perfect fit
- Easy to close due to magnetic buckles with finger loop
- Two easy steps for fitting after initial fit
- Available in six different sizes
How Do You Fit the Knee Brace on?
This knee brace is quick and easy to fit, just follow these steps.
- Loosen all the straps
- Ensure the crossover straps are positioned centrally
- Slip the knee brace on making sure the patella ring is centred over the kneecap
- Sit with the knee at a 90° angle and adjust the straps to meet your requirements
For a full breakdown on how to fit this knee brace, please watch the video below.
Dynamic Three-Point Pressure System
The Action Reliever Knee Brace is designed to offload pressure from the weaker parts of the knee joint, applying three corrective forces to reduce the load on the area affected by osteoarthritis. By helping the leg maintain true alignment while ensuring an even load on the knee at all times, the dynamic pressure system significantly reduces pain and inflammation.
Why Wear A Knee Brace?
Not only will a knee brace improve your quality of life, enabling you to move freely and without pain, studies have also shown that people who wear a knee brace for two years or more do not require surgery further down the line. The knee brace makes it easier to stay active, which in turn breaks the vicious cycle or further joint degeneration.
Watch the video below to learn more about osteoarthritis and how the Action Reliever Knee Brace can help.
Thuasne ran a clinical trial to test the effectiveness of the Thuasne Action Reliever, and the results speak for themselves. Patients who wore a brace over the eight week trial period experienced less pain when walking over a longer distance than those who did not wear a brace.
See the results below.
Randomised Controlled Study With 32 Patients Over 8 Weeks
17 bracing group, 15 control group
How Does the Thuasne Action Reliever Help With Osteoarthritis?
The Thuasne Action Reliever Brace works by shifting weight away from the degenerated area affected by arthritis, which allows you to stay active without too much pain. Not only that, the Reliever Brace also applies three-way corrective compression to relieve strain while maintaining true alignment.
In fact, we liked this brace so much that it made out top spot for the best knee support for osteoarthritis. Learn more by reading the full article on Our Best Knee Supports for Arthritis.
How Noticeable is the Thuasne Action Reliever?
Wearing a knee brace can often make the wearer feel self-conscious. Thanks to its discreet design, the Thuasne Knee Support is practically invisible underneath clothing, so you can stay supported with privacy.
How Comfortable is the Thuasne Action Reliever Knee Brace?
As something you'll be wearing for long periods of time, comfort is key when it comes to knee support. Thuasne were well aware of this when they made the Action Reliever, so they made sure to use breathable materials and anatomically-shaped knitting to ensure a pleasant experience.
Can I Wear the Knee Brace Over Tights or a Liner?
Yes, it's fine to wear the knee brace over tights or a thin liner. This may even help to make the brace more comfortable if you don't like wearing it directly against your skin.
Is It Possible to Purchase Replacement Parts for This Support?
Please note that Thuasne do not manufacture replacement parts for this item. It is therefore not possible to purchase spare or replacement parts for your support.
Hear What Real Customers Have to Say