Thuasne ROM-R Customisable Knee Immobiliser Brace
When returning from injury or recovering from a recent knaee operation, immobilising the knee is key for effective healing. With patented ROM hinge technology, the Thuasne ROM-R Customisable Knee Immobiliser Brace secures the knee in a fixed position to, giving it the room it needs to heal. Intuitive adjustment features allow you to tailor the brace to meet your needs.
Please note that this knee brace can be worn on either the left or right leg.
Sizing Guide for the Thuasne ROM-R Knee Brace
The Thuasne ROM-R Knee Brace comes in one universal size, with telescoping adjustments that make it able to fit most users.
Who Can Use the ROM-R Immobilising Knee Brace?
Designed to keep the knee in a stable position for optimal recovery, the Thuasne ROM-R Knee Brace is suitable for the following conditions:
- Post-operative rehabilitation
- Range of motion control
- Post-injury fixation
Key Features and Benefits
- ROM hinges with drop locks provide advanced stabilisation
- Tool-free adjustable flexion and extension setting for easy customisation
- Sturdy aluminium struts hold the leg in place from calf to thigh
- Telescoping adjustability from 48 - 66cm, adjusts easily in small increments
- Lightweight design to prevent the brace from weighing you down
- Individual cool pads which contour to the leg for improved stability and suspension
- Malleable paddles provide a snug, intimate fit to guarantee comfort
Why Do I Need To Immobilise the Leg?
Immobilising the leg is a key step in the recovery process for bone and joint injuries, as this holds the leg in place until the injured area has been allowed to heal. For more serious injuries like breaks and fractures, plaster casts are used because they confine the bone in a locked position. However, for less extreme knee injuries, the issue can be resolved with immobilising braces, which allow some degree of movement and flexibility.
How Stable Is the ROM-R Knee Brace?
Built with sturdy aluminium struts that secure the knee in a healing position, and patented ROM hinges that deliver robust stabilisation, its safe to say the ROM-R Knee Brace is stable. Intuitive adjustment settings allow you to tailor the level of support to suit your needs.
Can I Adjust the Thuasne ROM-R Knee Brace?
With telescoping length adjustment and adjustable flexion and extension settings, the Thuasne ROM-R Knee Brace can be customised to meet the specifics of your knee condition. The height can be adjusted from 48 - 66cm, and the flexion and extension settings allow you to control the level of movement as required.
How Restrictive Is the ROM-R Immobilising Knee Brace?
As an immobilising knee brace, the ROM-R will restrict your ability to move as you normally would, meaning that sports activities and exercise are out of the question. With that being said, the ROM-R Knee Brace is fairly lenient compared to other immobilisers, and allows you to walk around the house or on short trips to the shops without hassle.
How Comfortable is the Thuasne ROM-R Knee Brace?
Featuring malleable paddles, the structure of the ROM-R Knee Brace can be slightly altered to achieve a close, intimate fit for ergonomic comfort. Soft padding on the inside of the knee brace provides a comfortable cushion for you leg to rest in, preventing friction sores and rubbing throughout the day.
It's important to make sure the Thuasne Rom-R Knee Immobiliser is fitted properly to ensure maximum protection. To fit this knee brace, follow these simple instructions.
- Position the knee brace so that the knee is aligned with the hinge centre
- Unlock the track lock buttons and glide the medial and lateral uprights to match the patients length
- Fasten the straps in the following order:
- Strap #1 located just above the knee
- Step #2 located just below the knee
- Step #3 located at the top of the thigh
- Step #4 located at the bottom of the calf
- Engage the buckles and tighten the straps to the desired level of tension
For a full demonstration on how to correctly fit this knee brace, please see the video below.
Documentation for the Thuasne ROM-R Brace