Bauerfeind GenuTrain A3 Active Knee Brace
Designed to minimise pain and discomfort in the knee, the Bauerfeind GenuTrain A3 Active Knee Brace makes it easier to stay active with osteoarthritis, which can help slow down the rate of joint degeneration. A starshaped patella pad with stimulating nubs provides a soothing massage, while the soft material gently compresses the knee to improve proprioception.
Sizing for the Bauerfeind GenuTrain A3 Knee Brace
The Bauerfeind GenuTrain A3 is available in six sizes for the left or right leg. To decide which size is right for you, please measure the circumference of your leg above and below the knee as indicated, then refer to our sizing table.
- Thigh: 14cm above the centre of the kneecap
- Calf: 12cm below the centre of the kneecap
|Thigh Circ. (A)
|Calf Circ. (B)
|38 - 41cm
|28 - 31cm
|41 - 44cm
|31 - 34cm
|44 - 47cm
|34 - 37cm
|47 - 50cm
|37 - 40cm
|50 - 53cm
|40 - 43cm
|53 - 56cm
|43 - 46cm
Our Sizing Tips
- If your two measurements do not match up, we recommend choosing the size associated with your thigh measurement
- This support is designed to be compressive and may feel tight as a result; if you would prefer less tightness, please select a larger size
- If you do not own a flexible tape measure, use a piece of string to take your measurements, then measure the string with a ruler
- Please take into account any joint swelling before buying, as this could mean you need a larger size
Which Conditions Can the GenuTrain A3 Knee Brace Help With?
Designed to delay the progress of knee degeneration, the GenuTrain A3 is most suited to the following conditions:
- Post-traumatic and post-operative support
- Jumper's knee
- Knee pain
- Patellar lateralisation
Why Use the Bauerfeind GenuTrain Knee Brace?
Osteoarthritis and other chronic knee conditions can cause a real disruption to everyday life, making it harder to walk to the shops, play sports or even make it up the stairs. The GenuTrain Knee Support is designed to help these tasks easy again, featuring a viscoelastic Omega pad that relieves pain, stabilises the knee joint and significantly improves movement.
How Does the GenuTrain A3 Knee Brace Work?
The construction of the GenuTrain A3 and the material used guarantee that the support is both medically effective and a comfortable fit, with a softer knit in the hollow of the knee, pressure-reduced edges, breathable materials and an elastic shape adapted to suit any body shape.
The three-dimensional Train Active knit helps the muscular stabilisation of the knee joint, while integrated visco-elastic pads prevent the knee cap from slipping, combat pain and massage the surrounding tissue. Two spiral stays located on the sides retain the shape of the support; the skin underneath thus remains pleasantly dry, and nothing is constricted.
01. Three-dimensional Train Active knit - for the ideal fit and optimal neuromuscular joint stabilisation
02. Soft hollow of the knee - enhanced wearing comfort
03. Expansion zone - in the calf area, makes the support easier to put on
04. Integral corrective guide - stops the patella from drifting
05. Pad - with frictional nubs (directed inwards) to improve proprioception
Key Features and Benefits
- Lightweight, comfortable brace for pain relief and support for a range of knee conditions
- Great for irritative conditions, especially gonarthrosis, but also post-traumatic/post-operative use
- Also suitable for patellar tracking, instability due to muscular imbalance, jumper's knee and more
- Ideal for both sportsmen looking to recover, or elderly people looking for support and pain relief
- Comes in a choice of two colours, with six different sizes (please check size chart below)
Relieves Pain Faster With Intermittent Compression Massage
Fitted with a star-shaped patella cushion, the GenuTrain A3 Knee Brace provides soothing pain relief thanks to specially nubbed zones that massage the area. The combination of massage and compression isn't just good for pain relief, it also improves your proprioception, which makes you more aware of your movements to avoid re-injury.
The Perfect Shape for Function and Comfort
The ingenious shape of the GenuTrain knee brace achieves optimal knee support and a high level of wearer comfort. A breathable, skin-friendly knit adapts to your every move without irritation or slipping, and the material used is softer for the skin and more elastic in sensitive areas such as behind the knee.
Return to Activity Sooner
Staying active is the best way to counteract progressive joint degeneration; the more you move, the more your body works to repair damaged cartilage. However, staying active can be difficult when pain and swelling gets too much, which is why a corrective knee brace that relieves pain is an essential aid.
Are Other Options Available?
If the GenuTrain Brace isn't right for your condition, Bauerfeind manufacture a range of knee braces designed to relieve a range of conditions.
- GenuTrain - designed for weak, swollen or painful knees
- GenuTrain P3 - designed for those diagnosed with a weak patella
- GenuTrain S - the perfect choice for more advanced osteoarthritis and MCL/LCL injury recovery
It's important to wash the GenuTrain A3 Knee Brace regularly to ensure they maintain their shape and last longer. To wash this brace without damaging its elasticity, please follow these instructions:
- Remove any straps or inserts before washing
- Machine wash in cold water using a delicate cycle
- Wash separately using laundry detergent with no additives
- Let the support air dry; do not use a dryer