Bauerfeind GenuTrain S Pro Hinged Knee Brace
Ideal for treating serious knee instabilities, the Bauerfeind GenuTrain S Pro Hinged Knee Brace provides robust mechanical stability for the knee. Two adjustable splints running either side of the knee improve stability, preventing the knee from sliding painfully out of position.
To make alterations to the flexion and extension angle restriction, please consult a doctor or similar medical professional.
Which Size Should I Choose?
The Bauerfeind GenuTrain S Pro Knee Brace is available in six sizes. To find which size is the one you need, measure the circumference of your leg in the two locations indicated below.
Once you have this size, please consult the sizing chart beneath and select the appropriate size from the drop down menu at the top of the page.
|(A) Thigh Circumference
|(B) Calf Circumference
|38 - 41cm
|28 - 31cm
|41 - 44cm
|31 - 34cm
|44 - 47cm
|34 - 37cm
|47 - 50cm
|37 - 40cm
|50 - 53cm
|40 - 43cm
|53 - 56cm
|43 - 46cm
Our Sizing Tips
- If your measurements are in conflict with each other, we recommend choosing the size associated with your thigh measurement
- This support is designed to be compressive and may feel tight at first; if you would prefer less tightness, please select a larger size
- If you do not own a flexible tape measure, use a piece of string, then measure the string with a ruler
- Please take into account any joint swelling before buying, as this could mean you need a larger size
Which Conditions Can the GenuTrain Help With?
The GenuTrain S Pro is designed to stabilise and restrict the knee to prevent painful movements, making it ideal for the following conditions:
- Arthritis (e.g. primary chronic polyarthritis)
- Meniscus injuries
- Mild to moderate instability
- Osteoarthritis of the knee
Why Use the Bauerfeind GenuTrain S Pro?
If you have a painful knee condition or you've suffered an impact injury, you'll know that it's difficult getting your movement and confidence back. Whether you've picked up a knee condition through injury or simply through ageing, it can have a significant impact on your quality of life. >
The GenuTrain S Pro Knee Brace effectively combats instability, osteoarthritis, meniscus injuries and more, locking your knee into position to ensure that it doesn't move anywhere it shouldn't.
How Does the GenuTrain S Pro Knee Brace Work?
The GenuTrain S Pro Knee Brace is ideal for anyone who wants efficient support that ensures the knee stays in place as you go about your day. Whether you've picked up an injury or are looking to prevent another one, the adjustable hinges built into each splint keep the joint secure during movement.
Depending on how the hinges are set, each splint can be used to restrict the flexion and extension angle of the leg.
How Adjustable are the Range of Motion Settings?
The GenuTrain S Pro Knee Brace can be individually adjusted by an orthotist or medical supply retailer (this range of movement can be limited to 30, 60 or 90 degrees). This allows you to tailor treatment to meet the exact needs for your condition, working with you every step of the way throughout recovery.
How Much Pain Relief Does This Brace Provide?
During movement, a massage effect is generated by the distortion of the pad and the compressing knit, which activates the surrounding muscles and stimulates circulation. This relieves pain and reduces swelling rapidly, triggering both active and passive support.
How Comfortable is the GenuTrain S Knee Support?
Made using breathable TrainActive knit, the GenuTrain S feels supremely smooth when it comes into contact with the skin. Pressure-reduced edges also prevent constriction and tightness for skin-friendly comfort that's very pleasant to wear.
Can I Wear The GenuTrain S Under My Clothes?
With a slimline designed specification and an anatomically contoured shape, the BauerFeind GenuTrain S Knee Brace can be worn comfortably beneath clothing against bare skin. This helps to ensure that you can continue to enjoy the pain-relieving support of the GenuTrain S as you go about your day.
Key Features and Benefits
- Stabilises the knee joint and promotes rehabilitation through massage
- Combination of splints and straps provide secure support
- Flexion and extension angles can be restricted based on individual requirements
- Helps to compensate for mild to moderate instabilities
- Elastic pressure pad wraps around the knee to protect it
- Activates the surrounding muscles and stimulates circulation
- Helps to relieve pain and reduce swelling rapidly
- Comes in a choice of three colours and six different sizes