Bauerfeind GenuTrain P3 Patella Knee Brace
Having gone through multiple upgrades since its initial launch, the Bauerfeind GenuTrain P3 Patella Knee Brace provides state-of-the-art support for injuries and conditions that affect the patella. Featuring a unique patella pad and corrective strap combo, this brace prevents painful drifting and muscle imbalance around the kneecap.
Please note that the GenuTrain P3 is intended for patella specific injuries. If you are not sure which Bauerfeind brace is right for you, please see the conditions section below.
Sizing Information for the Bauerfeind GenuTrain P3 Knee Brace
The Bauerfeind GenuTrain Knee Brace is available in six different sizes. To find the perfect one for you, simply measure the circumference of your thigh and calf at the locations shown in the image below.
Once you have these measurements, please consult the sizing chart beneath to find the correct size brace for your knee.
|(A) Thigh Circumference
|(B) Calf Circumference
|39 - 42cm
|28 - 31cm
|42 - 45cm
|31 - 34cm
|45 - 48cm
|34 - 37cm
|48 - 51cm
|37 - 40cm
|51 - 54cm
|40 - 43cm
|54 - 57cm
|43 - 46cm
Our Sizing Tips
- If your measurements are in conflict with each other, we recommend choosing the size associated with your thigh measurement
- This support is designed to be compressive and may feel tight at first; if you would prefer less tightness, please select a larger size
- If you do not own a flexible tape measure, use a piece of string, then measure the string with a ruler
- Please take into account any joint swelling before buying, as this could mean you need a larger size
Which Conditions Does the Bauerfeind P3 Knee Brace Help Alleviate?
The Bauerfeind P3 Knee Brace is designed to relieve pain associated with malalignment of the knee cap and patella femoral syndrome. Other conditions that can be relieved include but are not limited to, the following:
- Anterior knee pain
- After lateral release surgery
- High riding patella
- Lateralisation of the patella
- Patellar tip syndrome
- Patellofemoral pain syndrome
- Dislocation tendency
If you are unsure about whether or not the GenuTrain P3 support is right for you, we recommend you consult your doctor or another medical professional. They will be able to advise whether or not this is the right support for your specific needs.
What Is the GenuTrain P3 Knee Brace?
The Bauerfeind GenuTrain P3 Knee Brace is a highly advanced knee brace designed to permanently stabilise the position of the kneecap and activate the musculature when worn. This helps with a range of conditions and symptoms, including pain-relief, ligament and tendon strengthening, post-operative recovery and the management of instability.
Are Other Options Available?
If the GenuTrain P3 Brace isn't right for your condition, Bauerfeind manufacture a range of knee braces designed to relieve a range of conditions.
- GenuTrain - designed for weak, swollen or painful knees and for nagging tendonitis-type pain
- GenuTrain A3 - provides relief for degenerative knee pain and osteoarthritis
- GenuTrain S - the perfect choice for more advanced osteoarthritis and MCL/LCL injury recovery
How Does the GenuTrain P3 Knee Brace Work?
Unlike other basic braces, the Bauerfeind GenuTrain P3 Knee Brace utilises a range features to ensure you get the best brand of relief available. P3 stands for 'permanent patella protection' and that's exactly what you get. Please see the annotated diagram and information below for more details.
- Muscle-Relaxing Pad: this reduces the lateral pull at the knee, helping to reduce pain.
- Corrective Guide: the corrective guide has been designed to stop the patella from drifting laterally.
- Patella Cover: this cover counteracts the tilting of the patella, helping to increase stability.
- Corrective Strap: this strap can be adjusted to provide you with the right level of kneecap control.
- Pad Wing: this ensures proximal extension as far as the vastus medialis muscle, improving proprioception.
- Viscoelastic Pad: this flat and anatomically designed pad improves comfort and centres the kneecap
- Hoffa Pads: offering distal reinforcement (directed inwards) and compression of the infrapatellar fat pad
Can I Use the GenuTrain P3 Brace During Sports?
The GenuTrain P3 is ideal for wearing during sports, particularly if you've suffered an injury from a twist or direct impact. This active knee brace improves healing time while also protecting against the risk of overloading or developing a second injury. The elasticity of the knit ensures that your mobility is not restricted.
Unrivalled Guidance for the Kneecap
The GenuTrain P3 uses a specially shaped functional cushion that works in conjunction with a corrective strap to keep the kneecap centred and perfectly aligned during the movement phase of your gait and step. This offers relief to tired and worn out kneecaps and allows the patella to relax, preventing further aggravation and inflammation.
Keeping the ligaments, tendons and muscles in your legs moving during rehabilitation and recovery is vital. Whilst rest is also important, there's no better compromise during recovery than compression and light activity.
The GenuTrain P3 Knee Support stimulates the metabolism by providing compression to the entire joint, which in turn reduces swelling and helps relieve pain. This allows you to move freely and recover during movement without irritating the joint and surrounding muscles further.
Can I Wear the GenuTrain P3 Under Clothing?
With a flat and slim design, and an anatomically contoured shape, the Bauerfeind GenuTrain P3 Knee Brace can be worn comfortably under your clothes. This helps to ensure that you can continue to enjoy the pain-relieving support of the GenuTrain P3 as you go about your day.
What Colours of the GenuTrain P3 Brace are Available?
The GenuTrain P3 Knee Brace is available in the colours Black, Natural, and Titan. This way, you can choose a knee brace for discretion or to match with your kit if wearing the brace during sports. Your preferred colour can be selected from the drop-down menu at the top of the page.
You can wash your Bauerfeind GenuTrain P3 Knee Brace in a cold machine wash on a gentle or delicate cycle. Velcro straps, pads, and inserts should be removed where possible or fastened down. Make sure that you lay the support flat and let it air dry after washing.