Bauerfeind GenuTrain S Hinged Knee Brace
Designed to treat osteoarthritis as well as the instability it causes, the Bauerfeind GenuTrain S Hinged Knee Brace is a premium support that promises lasting relief from knee pain. Featuring lateral joint splints, the GenuTrain S guides your knee in its correct axis of movement, while a compressive knit and massage pad soothes to prevent the further onset of swelling and tenderness.
Sizing for the Bauerfeind GenuTrain Knee Brace
The Bauerfeind GenuTrain Knee Brace is available in six different sizes for the left or right leg. To decide which size is right for you, please refer to the diagram below and then check the sizing chart.
|(A) Thigh Circumference
|(B) Calf Circumference
|38 - 41cm
|28 - 31cm
|41 - 44cm
|31 - 34cm
|44 - 47cm
|34 - 37cm
|47 - 50cm
|37 - 40cm
|50 - 53cm
|40 - 43cm
|53 - 56cm
|43 - 46cm
Our Sizing Tips
- If your measurements are in conflict with each other, we recommend choosing the size associated with your thigh measurement
- This support is designed to be compressive and may feel tight at first; if you would prefer less tightness, please select a larger size
- If you do not own a flexible tape measure, use a piece of string, then measure the string with a ruler
- Please take into account any joint swelling before purchase, as this could mean you need a larger size
Who Can Benefit from the GenuTrain S Knee Brace?
Whether you only suffer from occasional knee pair or you require a support to help treat a specific condition, the Bauerfeind GenuTrain S Support will help to reduce pain and discomfort. Suitable conditions for alleviating with the GenuTrain S Knee Brace include (but are not limited to) the following:
- MCL/LCL injury
- Osteoarthritis of the knee
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Slight instability
If you are unsure about whether or not the GenuTrain S support is right for you, we recommend you consult your doctor or similar medical professional as they will be able to advise whether or not this is the right support for your specific needs.
What Is the GenuTrain S Knee Brace?
The Bauerfeind GenuTrain S Knee Brace is a stabilising knee brace designed to relieve pressure on and around the knee. This helps to relieve pain, while the viscoelastic pads gently massage the area to stimulate circulation and promote healing.
This combination of gentle compression and massage accelerates the reabsorption of oedema and effusions.
Are Other Options Available?
If the GenuTrain S Brace isn't the right choice for your condition, Bauerfeind manufacture a range of knee braces designed to relieve a range of conditions. You can view these options below:
- GenuTrain - designed for weak, swollen or painful knees and for nagging tendinitis-type pain-relief
- GenuTrain A3 - provides relief for degenerative knee pain and osteoarthritis
- GenuTrain P3 - the perfect knee brace for patella instability and other related knee cap conditions
How Does the GenuTrain S Knee Brace Work?
Unlike other basic knee braces which offer minimal pain relief during healing, the Bauerfeind GenuTrain S Knee Brace utilises a range of supportive features which ensure you get the best brand of relief possible. The S in the name 'GenuTrain S' stands for 'splints', as the brace incorporates lateral joint splints to guide the movement of your knee.
Please see the annotated diagram below for more details:
- Three-Dimensional Train Active Knit: the knitted material offers an ideal fit, improving comfort with optimal neuromuscular joint stabilisation
- Tension Straps: each flat-fitting strap is individually adjustable with a micro Velcro Brand Fastening System
- Joint Splints: these enhance the mechanical stabilisation of your knee joint
- Viscoelastic Pads: enjoy a massaging effect during movement to stimulate blood flow and encourage healing
- Breathable Train Active Knit: the GenuTrain S is gentle on the skin and perfect for all-day use
- Reduced Pressure at the Edges: constriction is prevented as there are a minimal number of pressure points on the edges of your GenuTrain S Brace
How Does the Bauerfiend GenuTrain S Brace Work?
Combining three-dimensional active knit tension straps and hinged joint splints, the GenuTrain S Knee Brace provides a highly optimised fit that takes pressure off of weaker parts of the knee while improving patella tracking. For a bit of extra relief, this brace also features viscoelastic pads soothes tender areas of the knee during movement.
How Reliable Is the Bauerfeind GenuTrain S Brace?
The GenuTrain S Knee Brace features an integral elastic padded ring around the knee cap (which cannot slip) helping to position the support correctly. It also adapts to the angle of the knee joint during movement, ensuring you can receive optimal support as you go about your day.
How Much Pain Relief Can I Expect?
The padded patella ring features tiny integrated nubs that gently massage the area for optimal levels of pain relief. This encourages blood circulation around the knee joint, which increases the speed at which the body natural heals itself.
The Bauerfeind GenuTrain S also works tirelessly through massage to stimulate the production of endorphins, which are the body's natural painkiller.
How Comfortable is the Bauerfeind GenuTrain S Knee Brace?
Made using breathable TrainActive knit, the GenuTrain S feels incredibly smooth when it comes into contact with the skin. Pressure-reduced edges prevent constriction and tightness, providing skin-friendly comfort that feels incredible to wear.
Can I Wear the GenuTrain S Under Clothing?
Yes! With a flat and slim design, and an anatomically contoured shape, the BauerFeind GenuTrain S Knee Brace can be worn under clothing.
This intuitive design feature helps ensure that you can continue to enjoy the pain-relieving support of the GenuTrain S as you go about your day, no matter what your attire or application.
Is the GenuTrain Ambidextrous?
The Bauerfeind GenuTrain S is a targeted knee brace and as such is not an ambidextrous brace. Unlike other cheaper braces, the GenuTrain S is specifically formulated for use with either the left and right leg.
The only difference between the left and right legged brace is how the straps attach. We do not recommend using your brace on the opposite leg, as the support and comfort level will be greatly reduced.