Donjoy Armor Knee Support and Aircast Cryo/Cuff Cooler Knee Replacement Bundle
If you've just had knee replacement surgery, or your operation is drawing closer, take a look at the Donjoy Armor Knee Support and Aircast Cryo/Cuff Cooler Knee Replacement Bundle. Providing two of the best products for a fast and effective recovery, the soothing ice-cold therapy treats your knees and reduce swelling and the Donjoy Knee Brace helps you move around and re-strengthen your knees.
Disclaimer: We recommend speaking with your doctor to see if this bundle is right for you before purchasing.
Before you buy this bundle, you'll need to make sure you choose the right size for both the Donjoy Armor Brace and the Aircast Cryo/Cuff. To do this, please follow the instructions detailed below.
Donjoy Armor Sizing
To find the right size for the Donjoy Armor, please measure the circumference of your leg at the three locations indicated below. You will then need to refer to the sizing table to find the correct size. If your measurements conflict with each other, we recommend choosing the size associated with your thigh measurement.
|Thigh Circ. (1)
|Knee Circ. (2)
|Calf Circ. (3)
|33 - 39cm
|30 - 33cm
|25 - 30cm
|39 - 47cm
|33 - 35cm
|30 - 35cm
|47 - 53cm
|35 - 38cm
|35 - 40cm
|53 - 60cm
|38 - 43cm
|40 - 45cm
|60 - 67cm
|43 - 48cm
|45 - 50cm
|67 - 75cm
|48 - 53cm
|50 - 55cm
|75 - 83cm
|53 - 58cm
|55 - 60cm
Disclaimer: Swelling is quite significant in the first few weeks after surgery, but will then die down later on in the recovery process. Although the brace can be adjusted to accommodate swelling, we highly recommend choosing a size that will still fit once swelling has worn down.
Aircast Cryo/Cuff Sizing
For the Aircast Cryo/Cuff, the only measurement you need is the circumference of your thigh from 15cm above the centre of the knee, exactly as shown in the diagram below. Use this measurement to find which of the three options is the best fit for you.
|Thigh Circumference (cm)
|25 - 48cm
|48 - 59cm
|59 - 79cm
What Conditions Can this Bundle Help With?
This brace and ice pack pain-relief bundle isn't just useful for knee replacements - it can be used to help treat a much broader range of injuries and conditions. You can use this bundle to treat all of the following and more!
- Recovery from knee replacement surgery
- Prehabilitation - exercise therapy before surgery
- Ligament injuries (ACL, PCL, ACL/PCL)
- Meniscus Injuries
Key Features and Benefits
- Aircast Cryo/Cuff cooler helps minimise pain and swelling immediately following surgery
- Donjoy Armor provides assistance and support when attempting to walk again
- Cooler re-circulates ice-cold water around the knee to reduce pain and swelling
- Adjustable cryo/cuff provides compressive support to further reduce pain
- Hands-free ice pack therapy for convenience and comfort
- Knee support works by offloading pressure away from the knee, making walking easier
- Aircraft-grade aluminium on the Armor is used for light, non-bulky application
- Fully mouldable for a custom and personalised fit
Why Buy the Donjoy Armor and Aircast Cryo Therapy Knee Replacement Bundle?
If you've recently undergone knee replacement surgery, then you know how long, painful and gruelling the recovery process can be. The pain is intense, and walking turns into an almost impossible task without help from a support.
This knee replacement bundle features our best two products to help with knee replacement recovery and rehabilitation after surgery.
How Does the Donjoy Armor Improve Knee Replacement Recovery?
After surgery, walking for any period of time is difficult, making getting back to everyday life seem almost impossible. If work or other priorities demand that you stay on your feet, the Donjoy Armor Knee Brace is a real life-saver.
By offloading pressure away from the knee, the Armor lets you walk around normally without pain holding you back, no matter what the prognosis of your recovery.
How Does the Aircast Cryo/Cuff and Cooler Improve Knee Replacement Recovery?
Pain, swelling and inflammation are a constant problem immediately after knee replacement surgery. They can continue to persist for months afterwards.
Doctors recommend icing the knees around 3-4 times per days for the first few weeks to combat these symptoms, and the Aircast Cryo/Cuff and cooler is the perfect way to do this. By recirculated ice-cold water through the cooler, the water stays at the ideal temperature to reduce swelling for longer without having to re-freeze.
Hands Free Design
Its hands-free design also means that you can sit back and relax in front of the TV whilst the cooler works its magic. The cuff can also be adjusted for more compression to further enhance its pain-relieving potential.
Which Configuration of the Donjoy Armor Should I Choose?
The Donjoy Armor is supplied in a number of different variations designed to treat specific injuries on either leg. Which one you choose all depends on which leg you've injured and which area of the knee was reconstructed.
This brace has configuration options to support the ACL, PCL or combined ligament reconstructions for either the left or right leg. Simply use the drop-down menu at the top of the page to select the one you need.
Can I Use the Donjoy Armor and Aircast Cryo/Cuff At the Same Time?
The Donjoy Armor and the Aircast Cryo/Cuff are not suitable for use at the same time and would actually cause pain if they were to be used simultaneously. Rather, we recommend using each product in alternation.
In the first few weeks when swelling is at its worse and walking or applying any pressure is unthinkable, use the Cryo Therapy unit to stifle pain and mitigate inflammation. Then, when you feel ready to try walking again, use the Donjoy Armor to help you along.
How Comfortable is the Donjoy Armor Knee Brace?
Constructed from light aircraft grade aluminium, the Donjoy Armor Knee Brace is exceptionally strong and lightweight, enabling you to continue everyday activities without feeling encumbered. As this is the standard short calf version, the knee brace remains clear from the top of your boot, ensuring it doesn't become trapped.
Applying Your Donjoy Armor Correctly
To apply the Donjoy Armor Knee Brace correctly, please carefully follow these instructions:
- While sitting on the edge of a chair, step through the brace. Flexing the knee to 45 degrees, position the brace centring the hinge about 1" (2.54 cm) above the top of the kneecap and slightly past mid-line of the leg. Make sure the brace is not twisted on the leg.
- Secure the bottom calf strap first, then the top thigh strap. Keeping the knee bent at 45 degrees, push both condyles (hinges) toward the back of the leg.
- Maintaining the position of the hinges: for ACL version secure lower thigh strap; for PCL version secure upper calf strap; for CI version secure lower thigh strap then upper calf strap on the back of the leg.
- For ACL version, draw the hinges forward slightly before fastening the front tibial (shin) strap. For PCL version draw the hinges forward slightly before fastening the front thigh strap. For CI version draw the hinges forward slightly before fastening the front tibial (shin) and the front thigh strap.
- For ACL version next, secure the upper calf strap. Be careful not to pull this strap too tight and risk circulation problems.
- When all strapping is complete, the hinge should centre just above the top of the kneecap and slightly behind mid-line. To ensure that no slippage occurs during activity, it is recommended to do a few knee bends or walk for a few minutes.
If you need more assistance, please see the full video demonstration below.
How Do I Use the Cryo/Cuff?
For information on how to use the cuff, simply follow the steps below:
Step One: Prepare the Cooler
Connect the blue tube to the cooler and fill the cooler to the line with water. Add ice and place the insulation disk on top. Close the lid of the cooler and allow up to five minutes for the water to cool.
Step Two: Apply the Cuff
Rest the cuff on the front of the knee and secure using the top strap. Flex the knee slightly and position the cuff so that the knee cap is exposed through the opening and secure using the bottom strap. (See figure 1).
Step Three: Fill the Cuff
Connect the blue tube to the cuff. If you are using the standard Aircast Cold Therapy Cooler, open the air vent located on the top of the cooler lid and raise the cooler no more than fifteen inches above the cuff. (See figure 2).
Hold the cooler in this position for about thirty seconds or until the cuff is full. Close the air vent on the cooler lid and disconnect the cuff from the cooler by the pressing the metal tab on the quick disconnect valve.
Step Four: Rechill the Water
Reconnect the blue tube to the cuff and raise the cuff above the cooler. This will allow for the water to drain from the cuff back into the cooler. Allow up to two minutes for the water to rechill before repeating the filling process.
For more information about how to use the cuff, see the manual below:
How Do I Use the Cooler Unit?
To prepare the cooler, connect the blue tube to the cooler and fill with cold water to the line provided. Add ice and place the insulation disk on top before attaching the cooler lid and closing shut. (See figure 1).