Allard Selection Minor Orthopaedic Knee Support
Adjustability is great benefit for any knee brace, as this lets you customise the fit to suit the exact needs of your condition. With thigh and calf adjustment straps, the Allard Selection Minor Orthopaedic Knee Support helps you get the best fit for you. Made with advanced materials, this modern knee support provides effective compression to increase your recovery speed.
Please note that this knee support can be worn on either the left or right leg.
What Size Should I Choose?
The Allard Minor Orthopaedic Knee Support comes in six sizes that should be suitable for most people. To find which size you need, you'll need to measure the circumference of your leg in the following three locations:
- Thigh: 15cm above the centre of the kneecap
- Knee: Around the centre of the kneecap
- Calf: 15cm below the centre of the kneecap
|Thigh Circ. (1)
|Knee Circ. (2)
|Calf Circ. (3)
|34 - 39cm
|30 - 33cm
|28 - 31cm
|39 - 43cm
|33 - 36cm
|31 - 34cm
|43 - 47cm
|36 - 39cm
|34 - 37cm
|47 - 51cm
|39 - 42cm
|37 - 40cm
|51 - 56cm
|42 - 46cm
|40 - 43cm
Our Sizing Tips
- If your thigh, knee and calf measurements don't match up, we recommend choosing your sized based on your thigh measurement
- This support is designed to be compressive and so may feel tight at first; if you would prefer less tightness, please choose a larger size
- If you do not have a flexible tape measure, use a piece of string to measure your knee and then measure the string with a ruler
- Before choosing your size, please take into consideration any joint swelling or atrophy that may have occurred
Which Conditions Can This Support Help With?
The Allard Selection Knee Minor Sleeve provides compression and support for sprained knees and general pain. The full list of conditions this orthosis is suited to include the following:
- Knee pain
- Minor injuries
- Stressed ligaments
- Mild sprains
Key Features and Benefits
- Provides mild support and compression for injured knees to help increase recovery speed
- Stainless steel spiral stays increase stability throughout the knee
- Anatomically-shaped knee-cap opening allows for easy movement
- Adjustable calf and thigh width for a perfect custom fit
- Pliable popliteal section made with soft materials for comfort
- "Stay-Up" splint on the interior to prevent slippage and migration
- Can be washed at 40°C in washing machines
How Does the Selection Knee Minor Support Speed Up Recovery?
The Allard Selection Minor Knee Support provides light compression around the knee without causing restriction or discomfort. This is beneficial for a number of reasons, including pain relief, increased blood circulation and increased proprioception.
How Comfortable is the Selection Knee Minor Brace?
With adjustable strapping around the calf and thigh, the Allard Minor Knee Support lets you customise the fit for the best level of comfort. Whether you prefer a closer fit for tighter compression, or a loose fit for greater flexibility, this anatomically shaped knee brace provides the fit hat suits you. A soft, pliable popliteal area also provides extra comfort behind the knee.
How Do I Fit the Selection Knee Minor Sleeve?
- Check that the support is complete and without damage
- Open the Velcro closures on the back of the calf and on the front of the thigh
- Pull the sleeve up the leg (use the two pulling loops placed on the inside of the upper edge)
- Make sure that the brace is properly positioned with the knee cap centred below the knee cap opening
- Close the Velcro adjustment on the calf and then close the Velcro on the thigh
- Adjust for comfort
Please note that the Selection Knee Minor Sleeve can be washed at 40°C in washing machines.