Allard Selection Patella Recovery Knee Support
The kneecap (or patella) is the most delicate part of the knee, and it can become very painful when strained, damaged or during adolescent growth. Designed to help treat a variety of patella conditions, the Allard Selection Patella Recovery Knee Support has an adjustable patella pad and steel spiral stays that work in unison to guarantee stability.
Please note that this knee support can be worn on either the left or right leg.
What Size Should I Choose?
The Allard Patella Knee Support is available in five sizes that should accommodate most people. To determine which size you need, measure the circumference of your leg in the following three locations:
- Thigh: 15cm above the centre of the kneecap
- Knee: Around the centre of the kneecap
- Calf: 15cm below the centre of the kneecap
|Thigh Circ. (1)
|Knee Circ. (2)
|Calf Circ. (3)
|34 - 39cm
|30 - 33cm
|28 - 31cm
|39 - 43cm
|33 - 36cm
|31 - 34cm
|43 - 47cm
|36 - 39cm
|34 - 37cm
|47 - 51cm
|39 - 42cm
|37 - 40cm
|51 - 56cm
|42 - 46cm
|40 - 43cm
Our Sizing Tips
- If your thigh, knee and calf measurements don't match up, we recommend choosing your size based on your thigh measurement
- This support is designed to be compressive and so may feel tight at first; if you would prefer less tightness, please choose a larger size
- If you do not have a flexible tape measure, use a piece of string to measure your knee and then measure the string with a ruler
- Before choosing your size, please take into consideration any joint swelling or atrophy that may have occurred
Which Conditions Can This Support Help With?
The Allard Selection Patella Brace is specially designed to treat patella injuries and conditions that affect the kneecap. The main conditions this brace is best for include:
- Patella dislocation
- Patellofemoral pain syndrome
- Osgood-Schlatter's disease
- Jumpers knee
- Anterior knee pain
Features and Benefits of the Selection Patella Brace
- Stabilises the knee joint, absorbing impacts and preventing further damage
- Keeps the knee warm and compressed to encourage blood flow and quicken recovery
- Anatomically shaped knee-cap opening improves tracking
- Stainless steel splints on either side of sleeve enhance stability
- Soft material and popliteal zone ensures wearer comfort
- Silicone lining inside the brace helps prevent migration
- Can be washed at 40°C in washing machines
How Does the Allard Patella Brace Support the Patella?
Designed specifically for patella-related problems, the Allard Patella Brace comes fitted with a tracking pad that can be moved into different positions to stabilise the knee medially, laterally or underneath the patella. In addition, steel spiral stays run either side of the knee, consolidating rigid stability for the patella.
How Adjustable is the Selection Knee Patella Brace?
The Selection Patella Brace can be adjusted to suit the wearer's injuries. Where additional pressure is needed, the patella cap can be moved into different positions: the middle, the sides or underneath the knee cap. This versatility allows you to support the knee wherever there is weakness.
How Comfortable is the Allard Patella Knee Brace?
Adjustable in the calf and thigh sections, the tightness of this brace can be adjusted for the perfect fit. This enhances the comfort already provided by the soft, pliable material that is used to ensure the breathability for the skin. An extra bit of stretch is given behind the kneecap, an area that is often a source of discomfort with typical knee braces.
How Do I Fit the Selection Knee Patella Brace?
Fitting the Patella Recovery Knee Support is vital to ensuring the best protection possible. To correctly fit the brace, please follow these instruction:
- Check that the support is complete and without damage
- Remove the Patella pad and insert in desired position (from the side or from under the patella). Loosen all the Velcro straps
- Pull the sleeve up (use the two pulling loops placed on the inside of the upper edge) and make sure that the brace is properly positioned with the patella centred in the patella opening
- Always make sure that the Patella pad is correctly positioned according to the instructions from the fitter
- Close the calf strap on the back side (A) and make sure the strap ”sits” on top of the calf muscle to prevent from sliding down
- Close the front strap on the thigh (B). Then close the thigh strap on the back side of the leg (C)
- Depending of the position of the Patella Pad - either pull the two tabs (D) to give support from under the patella, or the two tabs (E) to give support from the side of the patella
- Adjust for comfort
Top Safety Tips
To ensure comfort and safety when wearing this knee support, please follow these tips.
- If this is the first time you are using a support it is important to start slowly
- Use the support for a short period of time the first day, then increase the use gradually
- The support should not be used overnight
- Close all Velcro prior to laundering
- Machine wash in 40°C
- Use a washing bag
- Dry flat. Do not tumble dry or dry clean
- Remove the aluminium uprights prior to laundering
Do not use directly on open wounds. Use only on dry skin. Do not use lotion on your skin. Make sure the straps are not too tight. If any sign of skin irritation occurs, immediately remove the support. Check your skin on a daily basis.