Allard Selection Optima Wraparound Knee Support
Hyperextension can become a common problem after an injury, causing sharp spells of pain and instability in the kneecap. The Allard Selection Optima Wraparound Knee Support is designed to prevent the knee from overextending with range of motion hinges that prevent the knee from moving past a certain point. Made with comfortable materials, this quality knee brace can be worn all day without issue.
- 1 x Wraparound Knee Sleeve
Please note that this knee support can be worn on either the left or right leg.
What Size Should I Choose?
The Allard Optima Knee Support is available in five sizes that accommodate for most people. To determine which size you need, measure the circumference of your leg in the following three locations:
- Thigh: 15cm above the centre of the kneecap
- Knee: Around the centre of the kneecap
- Calf: 15cm below the centre of the kneecap
|Thigh Circ. (1)
|Knee Circ. (2)
|Calf Circ. (3)
|34 - 39cm
|30 - 33cm
|28 - 31cm
|39 - 43cm
|33 - 36cm
|31 - 34cm
|43 - 47cm
|36 - 39cm
|34 - 37cm
|47 - 51cm
|39 - 42cm
|40 - 43cm
|51 - 56cm
|42 - 46cm
|43 - 47cm
Our Sizing Tips
- If your thigh, knee and calf measurements don't match up, we recommend choosing your size based on your thigh measurement
- This support is designed to be compressive and so may feel tight at first; if you would prefer less tightness, please choose a larger size
- If you do not have a flexible tape measure, use a piece of string to measure your knee and then measure the string with a ruler
- Before choosing your size, please take into consideration any joint swelling or atrophy that may have occurred
Which Conditions Can This Support Help With?
The Allard Selection Knee Sleeve provides compression and support for sprained knees and general pain. The full list of conditions this orthosis is suited to include the following:
- Mild to moderate knee hyperextension
- Weak ACL (Anterior Cruciate Ligament)
- Partial ACL rupture
- Mild to moderate instability
- Mild osteoarthritis
- Post surgery
Key Features and Benefits
- This model is a "wraparound" design which allows personalised fitting
- Adjustable range of motion (ROM) control allows wearer to fit the sleeve according to their needs
- Dual splints on either side of sleeve prevent knee instability
- Proven method for recovery from knee hyperextension
- Anatomically shaped knee-cap opening and silicone "Stay-Up" interior splint prevents slippage
- Can be washed at 40°C in washing machines
Why is the Optima the Optimal Choice?
The Optima Knee Brace combines range of motion control with medial and lateral stability to prevent the knee from overextending while aiding with instability. Four pre-shaped straps with integrated D-rings allow easy adjustment of compression and fit, giving you the ability to tailor the Optima Brace for your needs.
How Comfortable is the Allard Selection Optima Knee Support?
Thanks to a new approach in material selection, the Allard Optima Knee Support provides a fresh, modern feel. A core fabric inner layer offers express breathability and moisture control, while a semi-glossy finish on the outer layer allows clothing to flow smoothly on its surface. A soft and pliable popliteal area also provides extra comfort behind the knee.
How Does the Selection Knee Optima Sleeve Prevent Hyperextension?
The Selection Optima Sleeve stabilises the knee joint, reducing stress by absorbing excess force. If you like to keep active, you can continue athletic activity with growing confidence, adjusting the hinges to match the range of motion control needed for each stage of recovery.
Are Other Versions Available?
This wraparound version gives you a more personalised fit, allowing you to adjust the compression and tightness as desired. However, a pull-on design is also available, which is easier to fit and provides more even support. Lean more by following the link below:
How Adjustable is the Selection Knee Optima Sleeve?
The sleeve is fitted with a Range of Motion dial - this can be adjusted according to how much movement is appropriate for your injury.
How Do I Fit the Selection Knee Sleeve?
A secure fit will ensure that the brace will work as intended. Follow these instruction closely to make sure you get the best possible fit.
- (This step should only be carried out by an authorised person - please consult the User Instructions located in the PDF at the bottom of the page for more details.)
- If the brace should be fitted with the hyperextension cross, this should now be mounted. This is done with the uprights in the brace pockets.
- Open all the Velcro closures. Position the brace onto the leg with the patella correctly positioned in the patella opening. Secure the strap under the knee.
- Then close the remaining straps on the front as showed in picture 4.
- Secure the straps on the back side of the leg (picture 5 and 6).
- If the brace includes the hyperextension cross, adjust tension and snug this strap on the front of the thigh.
- Then close the remaining straps.
- Close the two straps under the patella. These two straps give a mild support to prevent the shin from sliding forward. If these straps are not needed - cut them off.
- Adjust for comfort.
- Close all Velcro prior to laundering.
- Machine wash in 40°C.
- Use a washing bag.
- Dry flat. Do not tumble dry or dry clean.
- Remove the aluminium uprights prior to laundering